Stereotypical UPS Problems might show up at FedEx this Fall

A

aviationwiz

By this I'm referring to the stereotypical UPS problems that people talk about of packages being left by the door, and the driver just running away, sometimes not even ringing the bell or knocking on the door.

According to their website, "Beginning in fall 2005, FedEx will no longer require a signature for express shipments delivered to residences. This change will make our FedEx Express residential delivery policy consistent with our policy for FedEx Ground and FedEx Home Delivery shipments. If a signature is needed for a residential shipment, shippers must choose one of the new FedEx Delivery Signature Options."

That being very similar, if not the same to UPS' driver release policies. Just thought I'd point this out so that people can't use arguements like 'UPS always leaves the package in broad daylight for anyone to see, while FedEx always asks for a signature or will leave it at the hub for me to pickup if I'm not home.'

R

rushfan

I have had customers tell me, "the others leave my packages on my porch why don't you?" Generally who say that are those who have crappy DR locations. I always come back, "do you want your stuff ripped off?"

S

sendagain

I've seen Fedex leave packages in commercial hallways for companys that are on hiatus, or gone for three day holidays.

W

wily_old_vet

I have seen fedex ground leave pkgs outside the door of businesses that haven't opened for the day yet. Unbelievable.

D

dannyboy

Wiley

They have sorry drivers just like we do. Thing is, they lose packges just like we do, maybe even more. Difference is we dont go to their chat rooms and try and stink the place up. At least I hope we dont have any that do. We are a bit better than that.

IF you and I were in a position to change things, we would. All we can to is affect the route that we are on and maybe the drivers we come in contact with.

I will and do make my little part of UPS the best I can for both myself and the customer. What happens in the rest of the world I can not control.

Funny thing is, why has Monte and "JJ" never responded to the post that I had 6 routes that I bought early on with RPS. I guess they dont think outside the box.

d

S

speeddemon

Fedex left a package at a private schools front door, under a mat, out in the rain. It was like putting an elephant under a rug. It was there for 3 days until someone came to the school and found it.

T

teddyr

One of the ground dogs released a set of irons at the country club I delivered to, and guess who ended up buying a set of irons he never got to use?