Steve Pocztowski

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by slantnosechevy, Jul 3, 2011.

1. slantnosechevy

slantnosechevy Active Member

I heard the sad news of Local 705's Steve Pocztowski's passing Sat. morning at Las Vegas's McCarran Airport. He was returning from the 28th IBT Convention after the Hoffa Slate had successfully received 83% of the delegate vote for which he was a member. I had stayed an extra day and was told the news early Sat. morning that he'd suffered an apparent heart attack. Condolences to his entire family and friends.

2. BCFan

BCFan Active Member

Rest in Peace Brother BC

3. Mike57

Mike57 Member

Thoughts and prayers to his family and friends.

4. Sleeve_meet_Heart

Sleeve_meet_Heart making the unreadable unreadabler

5. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

6. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

My condolences to his family and friends.

7. cachsux

cachsux Wah

Steve played a huge part in turning around the local from the days of G. Zero. I feel his loss will have a huge impact on our future.

My condolences to his family.

8. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

9. Ibt804Hammer

Ibt804Hammer New Member

Great guy who took care of his members, class act.
    RIP

10. FAVREFAN

FAVREFAN Member

11. stevetheupsguy

stevetheupsguy sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ

12. 705red

705red Browncafe Steward

Steve was not only our principal officer he was a dear friend to me personally. I like to think that his leadership he showed off rubbed off on to me and many others he came into contact with. He was the glue that held our local together and put members first. He was one of a kind and I was hoping the whole country could have seen his passion when he was elected as a VP for the IBT. Steve has left behind his wife Linda and 2 young sons, I believe to be 13 and 11 years of age. This weekend I have lost a piece of me forever.

13. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I am sorry for your loss, 705.

14. PT Stewie

PT Stewie "Big Fella"

I will remember him and his family in my prayers ,especially his young sons who will now have to grow up without their Dad.

15. EyesLookingIn

EyesLookingIn New Member

very sad , prays to his family