Stewards meeting with new hires in right to work states

Atomic_Smurf

UPS began offering spousal health insurance to same sex couples years ago. They were under no legal or contractual obligation to do so which goes against the notion many have, that UPS was planning on dropping spousal coverage before Obamacare. They expanded health insurance to those spouses to retain those employees, plain & simple.

Business isn't charity & so I wouldn't expect UPS to cover anyone out of the goodness of their heart because as we agreed, we EARN our benefits, & unions in the past have negotiated on our behalf a better deal. The problem is todays union leaders giving back those earned benefits so that Obama & the Democrats can play Santa Claus with what you worked for, earned, & had confiscated without your understanding. UPS is paying MORE for your health insurance. We are getting LESS. Democrats are HAPPY:happy-very: about that. We are SAD:sad-little:. I can't make it any simpler.

So that Obama & the Democrats and the Republicans can play Santa Claus with what you worked for.
Republicans don't care about you either.
​I can't make it any simpler.

UPS dropping spousal coverage for management makes me think maybe the union knew what they were doing when they sought control of our health coverage. Only time will tell.

The union hasn't know what they were doing for quite some time by Hoffa's own admission.("Now this vision [Obamacare] has come back to haunt us." & Hall said the union takeover of our health insurance was proposed by the company & the Union was hesitant to accept. The lie came later that it was the unions idea. Damage control I guess.

What I like are politicians that care about our county, our constitution & our citizenry as a whole. Democrats have been successful at singling out certain groups, promising preferential treatment to each one. One promise for illegals coming in the back gate & another for unemployed union carpenters at the front gate. Promises for different race & ethnic groups & promises for people based on their gender, sexual preference & perversion. It's an effective political tactic but its dividing Americans against one another & weakening our country as a whole. I don't expect any politician to care about ME but I do expect them to care about US & that can't be done by pitting rich against poor, black against white & union against non-Union.

Atomic_Smurf

Name one.

I'll name several. Then you can regurgitate the media's lies about them.
Sarah Palin, Marco Rubio, Ted Cruze, Mitt Romney, etc,etc.

Now show us what you've learned from the same media that either mislead or kept you in the dark about Obama, his past associations, his history, his idiology& ties to radical communists & the consequences of his legislation like Obamacare. What lies have the media taught you about them? Bet I already know.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Now show us what you've learned from the same media that either mislead or kept you in the dark about Obama, his past associations, his history, his idiology& ties to radical communists & the consequences of his legislation like Obamacare. What lies have the media taught you about them? Bet I already know.

I'm not even gonna touch that list. But thanks for giving me a good laugh.
You should realize though that I did not vote for Obama, and I certainly didn't vote for Mittens; mainly because I didn't sit around in front of a television waiting for the media to tell me what I wanted to hear.

If you think any of the people on that list would have been good for unions, you need to do some research.

Atomic_Smurf

I'm not even gonna touch that list. But thanks for giving me a good laugh.
You should realize though that I did not vote for Obama, and I certainly didn't vote for Mittens; mainly because I didn't sit around in front of a television waiting for the media to tell me what I wanted to hear.

If you think any of the people on that list would have been good for unions, you need to do some research.

You aren't going to touch my list but you think I should do some research? Sounds like your just giving up. Any one of those candidates would be good not just for unions but for all working class people. They certainly wouldn't have manipulate our union bosses, promising them special treatment to gain support & then turn around & redistribute the benefits of their members to the low-information-Obama-phone-voter base. It's true, had any of these other people been in the White house you wouldn't sitting around wondering what happened to your employer insurance plan.

So, who'd ya vote for? C'mon you can tell us.

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
What I like are politicians that care about our country, our constitution & our citizenry as a whole.

LOL!!! Funniest ship I've read in awhile. I'd respond, but it's hard to construct a serious response to something that's not really serious....

Atomic_Smurf

Today we salute real men of genius.
Today we salute you Mr super duper giant font user.
Your inability to comprehend & rationalize leaves you unable to construct a relevant response.
But you don't let that hold you back.
You drop into a conversation bewildered & confused like an aardvark in a hen house with nothing useful to say.
So your giant font proudly proclaims- "Hey I'm here! I have nothing useful to say but I'm here, by golly!"
So crack open an ice cold Bud Light you swami of the sans-serif because you don't let the the absence of a coherent thought keep you silent.
-Mr super duper giant font user.

Last edited:

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
You're in a thread about stewards meeting with new hires to get them to join the unoin....
And you're point of view is that it's ok to not pay dues, because the union supports a different political party than you do.

"Atomic SMURF" Some of the older guys around here might not know what 'smurf' means on the internet.... but I do.
I'm gonna choose to believe you're not stupid enough to believe half of what you say. It's a game for you... I get that and i find it just as interesting as you do.

Last edited:

Ouch

I'm allowed 15 minutes with the new hires during there orientation class. I have to file a grievance every single time to be allowed the opportunity to speak with them. It always gets settled in the local. Just another tactic ups uses to say oh we forgot. Hold there feet to the fire cause there going to hold yours to it.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
I'm allowed 15 minutes with the new hires during there orientation class. I have to file a grievance every single time to be allowed the opportunity to speak with them. It always gets settled in the local. Just another tactic ups uses to say oh we forgot. Hold there feet to the fire cause there going to hold yours to it.

They recently tried to pull the same **** in my building. It didn't last very long.

A friend of mine went on the "first tour" and was never hired, but told me the hiring manager at HR told the group that they would love to hire full timers off the street but "the union won't let us."

:angry: