Stewards scribbling names out on bid sheet

over9five

Staff member
Some jobs can only be bid by FT employees. I suppose if he was crossing out PTs.....

Doesn't sound right, tho.

jerry

He has no right...same happened with my steward a.hole.only his "circle of friends" happens to be driving.my name was left out twice from sheet.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
The steward cannot award a bid, assign a route, qualify or disqualify anyone. The company does this, and if it's not correct the steward can process a grievance.

iowa boy

Is that allowed? Can the full time steward dictate who can sign a bid sheet? One is trying to.

He can't dictate, any more than the company can, who is allowed to sign the bid sheets. Unless the part-timers don't have the qualifications to go driving, but even then he shouldn't be doing it, he should be having the employees cross out their names.

menotyou

bella amicizia
We have 5 metro, 12 Preload, 3OMS, 4sups/managers, and about 30 drivers. It is a building-wide FT driving bid. We don't have 22.3.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
absolutely not, the steward should not be touching the bid sheet, until it comes down and they and the building manager decide who won the bid based on seniority and qualified. It is not the stewards job to decide who is qualified.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It doesn't really affect me. When he tried to tell me I couldn't sign them-a few years ago- the on-car had to seperate us. I told my friend he should report it to the center manager and the union. I do plan on texting the union prez at 8 am. Nothing will happen though, because that would mean the union prez actually had to do something. If the FT steward tried that crap with me today, I would go as far as I could with it because he is a 'Mr. Perfect' type. He knows everything and will inform the rest of us what we need to know when he deems it appropriate. I can't stand him. He hated it when I was the PT steward because the drivers would come to me before him. Major egomaniac.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

And what will you do about this?

It doesn't really affect me. When he tried to tell me I couldn't sign them-a few years ago- the on-car had to seperate us. I told my friend he should report it to the center manager and the union. I do plan on texting the union prez at 8 am. Nothing will happen though, because that would mean the union prez actually had to do something. If the FT steward tried that crap with me today, I would go as far as I could with it because he is a 'Mr. Perfect' type. He knows everything and will inform the rest of us what we need to know when he deems it appropriate. I can't stand him. He hated it when I was the PT steward because the drivers would come to me before him. Major egomaniac.

So, in other words, absolutely nothing.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Why can't I get added to your famous ignore list? You care nothing about the PT'ers and have said as much. At least, I will be telling Brian what I think about the situation. That's a hell of a lot more than you would do. The center manager is on vaca, so I do not plan on talking to him until Monday. I here they sell eggs up there in that bubble. I have an idea, since you have so much time on your hands. Go suck one, or two.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The difference is I don't come on here puffing my chest about a supposed injustice when all the time you had no intention of doing anything about it.

I have already said that I would be willing to accept a pay freeze if any pay raise that would have been available to me goes to the PTers; beyond that, you are right in that I have little concern about PTers. The difference again is that I don't say one thing while fully intending to do nothing about it.

menotyou

bella amicizia
What would the you like me to do about it? Go in with guns blazing aimed right at M. C.? Or, as I said I would and have done so already, communicate my disdain for this practice to OUR LOCAL PREZ. Then, when the center manager returns, do the same. What else would Mr. Perfect like me to do? Please, oh please, tell me wise one. I am waiting with bated breath for your pearls of wisdom to rain down on me like rose petals. Or, more like a load of crap.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
maybe you could make sure the people that"s names are being crossed off know that the steward is breaking the rules and they have every right to sign it.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
The difference is I don't come on here puffing my chest about a supposed injustice when all the time you had no intention of doing anything about it.
The difference again is that I don't say one thing while fully intending to do nothing about it.

Many people I know seem to think whinin' and bitchin' is doing something ... my wife comes to mind.