still not paid

City Driver

i know im ups freight and most of you arent but thursday is our payday every week and this week they didnt have the paychecks thursday and the direct deposit didnt go through

now its saturday night and i STILL havent got paid (direct deposit)

i thought they had 24 hours to pay you or somethin like that

evilleace

It should be in your contract Friday is our payday and then they have a certain amount of time to get it to you before you can grieve it. Our contract says if it is more than $30 for ft or $15 for pt then they have to working days to pay you after you report it after that they have to pay you one half of your daily guarantee at your regular hourly rate for every day that they don't pay you.

evilleace

Nope Southern Indiana if you reported it already then Monday is the second day and you should start getting the extra pay but talk to your steward first.

Red Dawn

how about this...i got a $1.00 check 3weeks ago. lol no joke. down here you have to request green check. then they have 48hrs including next day air sat. to cut me a check. or penalties start. then every Friday i get another penalty. filed and still waiting. the department of labor wants me to file with them but then they get to collect on ups and not me. this was last check as "combo" now i have a split shift. have NOT had ONE check yet come out right yet!!! Shaving min. not right rate of pay or hours on w.o.r. have me in at time of day that I'm at home not getting gaurrentee 40 ect ect ect lol sorry will stop venting! lol this is happening to all of us x-combo workers.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
how about this...i got a $1.00 check 3weeks ago. lol no joke. down here you have to request green check. then they have 48hrs including next day air sat. to cut me a check. or penalties start. then every Friday i get another penalty. filed and still waiting. the department of labor wants me to file with them but then they get to collect on ups and not me. this was last check as "combo" now i have a split shift. have NOT had ONE check yet come out right yet!!! Shaving min. not right rate of pay or hours on w.o.r. have me in at time of day that I'm at home not getting gaurrentee 40 ect ect ect lol sorry will stop venting! lol this is happening to all of us x-combo workers.

Welcome to the company.

I guess you are grieving each and every issue on this? If not you are delaying the incentive for them to get it right.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

i know im ups freight and most of you arent but thursday is our payday every week and this week they didnt have the paychecks thursday and the direct deposit didnt go through

now its saturday night and i STILL havent got paid (direct deposit)

i thought they had 24 hours to pay you or somethin like that

Was this just you or was it the whole terminal?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

the whole terminal, but everybody who doesnt have direct deposit ended up getting there checks late friday (1 day late)

Do you use online banking? If so, I would check Monday morning before you go to work to see if the deposit has been made. Either way, file your grievance as all employees should have received checks on Friday, not just non-direct deposit employees.

Red Dawn

I guess you are grieving each and every issue on this? If not you are delaying the incentive for them to get it right.
lol of course i'm grieving them!! up to 4 penaltys and keeps on going!! lol not my first time at this rodeo! :greedy: got a 1500 dollar check before. lets see is they can do better! I think they can

MobileBA

Embarrassing.......I wonder, is buster brown going to do have a roving (a schucks we had a computer problem) and not pay people periodically.

705red

Browncafe Steward
lol of course i'm grieving them!! up to 4 penaltys and keeps on going!! lol not my first time at this rodeo! :greedy: got a 1500 dollar check before. lets see is they can do better! I think they can
File another grievance every week under article 17 for each new shortage. If your check has been shorted each week for the last 4 weeks and not corrected you are looking at 10 weeks of penalty pay at 4 hours per week for a total of 40 hours in penalty.

2/27 shortage still not corrected at 4 weeks penalty
3/6 shortage still not corrected at 3 weeks penalty
3/13 shortage still not corrected at 2 weeks penalty
3/20 shortage still not corrected after 2 days penalty

Each grievance is its on penalty grievance!

Red Dawn

:smart:
File another grievance every week under article 17 for each new shortage. If your check has been shorted each week for the last 4 weeks and not corrected you are looking at 10 weeks of penalty pay at 4 hours per week for a total of 40 hours in penalty.

2/27 shortage still not corrected at 4 weeks penalty
3/6 shortage still not corrected at 3 weeks penalty
3/13 shortage still not corrected at 2 weeks penalty
3/20 shortage still not corrected after 2 days penalty

Each grievance is its on penalty grievance!
THANKS WILL DO..have had to file each week so far do to lack of 40hrs guarantee under article 48..Because it says min. 3.5hrs shift 8 for the day.. each center is pointing the finger at each other! lol love it my twilight shift is willing to give 4 but will not..well trying not to make up difference of preload. Preload manager keeps sending me home with part timers working. lol last Friday got to go hm early with pay, because i was going to file! hate to file on twilight sup he's really nice (after i showed him contract) local panel agreed last week that we are guaranteed 40 but preload is still trying to get out of hours.

Red Dawn

Embarrassing.......I wonder, is buster brown going to do have a roving (a schucks we had a computer problem) and not pay people periodically.
my manager told me that ups has a new system that will allow all the systems to talk to each other. all of out x-combos that are now working spilt shifts are having pay roll problems. say its because we have such a huge split in hours. I did see my wor last week and sombody had put me in at 12:30pm till basicly 21:00 and i had worked preload 4am-8am and 5-9. wich is a no no according to the department of labor. told lady i will give them a chance to fix it first before i file with them. with them moving my time i can't see who is shaving my time. all combo workers on prelaod are missing 5mins a day and twilight was taking 15mins.

705red

Browncafe Steward
:smart:
THANKS WILL DO..have had to file each week so far do to lack of 40hrs guarantee under article 48..Because it says min. 3.5hrs shift 8 for the day.. each center is pointing the finger at each other! lol love it my twilight shift is willing to give 4 but will not..well trying not to make up difference of preload. Preload manager keeps sending me home with part timers working. lol last Friday got to go hm early with pay, because i was going to file! hate to file on twilight sup he's really nice (after i showed him contract) local panel agreed last week that we are guaranteed 40 but preload is still trying to get out of hours.
Its not coming out of his pocket! File away, because it is coming out of your pocket!

Brown_Eyed_Girl

Beware when you actually change your direct deposit to another account. I did it on upsers.com and my supervisor said it could take up to a month and well it pretty much has.

Just this pay period, I received what appears to be last week's pay, but wondering where the other $700 is??????????