still using helpers?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Its my job to ENFORCE the contract its what I took this position for. I've already been terminated its called braking your cherry its scarey but you sometimes have to do things even though your scared or uneasy its called doing whats right. I have to have faith in my B.A. ,my labor board, and GOD if you were one of my guys upstate I would have your back. Filing is my right and its my job sometimes if things can't be worked out to file.

Kid, I can take of things on my own, but thanks for the offer.

bumped

In the past I know the center manager would talk to the business agent to get the OK to use helpers in early January. All the helpers used had to be part timers, no seasonal help.

ol'browneye

I had the same number of stops Tuesday and Wednesday as I did during peak. The difference is that now I don't have a helper!:biting:

Really not looking forward to 2010. I made $10,000 more in 2009 than I ever have before. Like Satelite, I am seriously considering retiring in 2 years with 25 years.

Stran

Holy Toledo
We are still using helpers and seasonal drivers here. The BA said there was an agreement to allow them to work through most of Jan. No seniority gained for working the extended free period. The fun part is they can't find any helpers to work. Drivers are getting slammed and anyone done early is forced to go help. All drivers are supposed to work first before they can add helpers...monitoring this daily. We have several drivers off on vacation and the volume is very high. Alot of customers shipping early to beat the rate increase. Lots of gift cards being used also. There were lots of deals after Cjristmas this year...some as good or better than before Christmas.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Our own fear is our worst enemy.
Make sure you obey the written rules while working as directed, use the methods, and man up to "encouraging" management to also follow the rules. File on violations, including harassment don't back down if you are right.
Make sure you are right.
As far as them wanting to terminate you, it's too late, they already want that if you are a full pay scale employee.
This is the spot on truth.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Make sure you obey the written rules while working as directed, use the methods, and man up to "encouraging" management to also follow the rules. File on violations, including harassment don't back down if you are right.
Make sure you are right.
As far as them wanting to terminate you, it's too late, they already want that if you are a full pay scale employee.
Great advice. I hope a few will listen to it. :happy-very:

EmerCond421

Make sure you are right.

This is the spot on truth.

Great advice. I hope a few will listen to it. :happy-very:

The heat is on the two senior drivers above me. 5 more years for me 25 & out.

The heat is on the two senior drivers above me. 5 more years for me 25 & out.
And don't you ever think they will let those two Sr guys slide either, most likely won't happen. They will (more than likely) be targeted for progressive discipline and harassed if the drivers let it happen. The closer one gets to the 30 year mark the worst it can potentially be. Again, they just have to play the game well.

EmerCond421

Trp, the good thing here is No Pas, Edd, preload or supe on site :happy2:. They know they're being scrutinized daily but so far so good.

Kidkrazy

I echo some of the post made in here, I was a helper through peak turned in my uni on my Christmas eve, got a call Wed asking if I wanted to work, and had my first residential helper experience...The driver said they will need help Monday > Friday this coming week.

Braveheart

No helpers after Dec 31!

They lay off the cover drivers and even offer full time drivers off all during peak including Christmas eve when I personally witnessed 2 Full Time drivers given the day off!

They do this to abuse the helper rule and cut routes.

Jan 1 they better put ALL full timers and add ALL cover drivers if need be to get it done. Then add air drivers if need be.

NOT $8.50 non dues paying helpers!!!

FILE FILE FILE

Wow!! A lot of you crying about helpers?? I love when they give me a helper. What is with the file file file.... If they are giving myself and other helpers I think it is great.

WOW!! You must be that driver that I can't stand to represent... The guy the wines everyday I can't do this and I can't get this done. Someone owes me something. If it is so bad at UPS look for work else where. Where else are you going to work and have the benies??? File... Remeber when you first got the job at UPS and what you did to get the job... WHat changed??

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Wow, are you really that dense?

Wow!! A lot of you crying about helpers?? I love when they give me a helper. What is with the file file file.... If they are giving myself and other helpers I think it is great.

WOW!! You must be that driver that I can't stand to represent... The guy the wines everyday I can't do this and I can't get this done. Someone owes me something. If it is so bad at UPS look for work else where. Where else are you going to work and have the benies??? File... Remeber when you first got the job at UPS and what you did to get the job... WHat changed??

Dense...it would seem, at least.
3 post Troll...probably!!!
Ever represented a driver?...very doubtful.

Ever represented a driver?...very doubtful.[/QUOTE]

Since 1997... Comical that you ask such a simple minded question. I take the job as steward obviously very different than you. My center doesn't have the issue you must have on a daily basis. Your going to work each day.. Job of the steward is to look for a solution and work together to avoid the BA to come and have to hear BS grievances... You must be like my alternate.. GUNGHO to file. From your post seems that your type before you think.. So must be the same... Inform the member to file and put it to paper before you act like a man and talk with the center manager or sups.

DS

Fenderbender
golfcart...oftimes people come here to the bc after posting 3 or 4 times,like they know everything.This is often questioned because most of us have been around awhile and have seen our share of diadlovers.So please be aware that some of us are a tad jaded.Your tolerance and patience would be a good way to ensure a positive relationship.