Still waiting to go driving (TCD)

wayfair

swollen member
we had a guy go from driving to take an art 23 job inside, then later came back as a driver, he lost seniority to 16 other people that were under him, is why I asked

tramtwo

The seniority question is an interesting one. A qualified TCD driving for say 2 years with 10 years with the company gets bumped by a guy who makes his 30 days and has 10 years and a day? That doesn't seem correct.

The slot was filled by the bid the first TCD won. How can that bid be revisted?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The seniority question is an interesting one. A qualified TCD driving for say 2 years with 10 years with the company gets bumped by a guy who makes his 30 days and has 10 years and a day? That doesn't seem correct.

The slot was filled by the bid the first TCD won. How can that bid be revisted?
No bid is revisited. He's not bumping the first guy out of TCD classification, just going higher on the list when driving work is available. When not driving they work inside.

In the South there's only two seniority lists, part time and full time. TCD's are part timers so go off of the part time list. Our TCD's also make $28 an hour when driving and are red circled at that rate when they eventually win a friend/T bid.... on the surface it seems like a pretty sweet deal considering the 4 year progression.

curious, what region?
Central Region.
No bid is revisited. He's not bumping the first guy out of TCD classification, just going higher on the list when driving work is available. When not driving they work inside.

In the South there's only two seniority lists, part time and full time. TCD's are part timers so go off of the part time list. Our TCD's also make $28 an hour when driving and are red circled at that rate when they eventually win a friend/T bid.... on the surface it seems like a pretty sweet deal considering the 4 year progression.
We don't use temp drivers but that is the way PT seniority works in my building. Also FT. You carry your seniority with you no matter what job you bid.

brownmvp

Update: My sup informed me that they have extra tcds and they wont be training for the rest of the year but want us to go out as helpers to "learn the diad and get a feel for it" and we would be trained next year after peak. Straight BS

brownmvp

Sorry. May want to apply as a PT package handler and move up to Air driver and than package car driver. The job is not for everyone.
Trust me i know the job isnt for everyone. I am currently a PT package handler and been one for 6 years. Ive done driver helper 3 out of the 6 and it sucks unless u got a cool/respectable driver. Most of all the pay sucks. I just feel like i went to driving school well ahead to avoid limbo. And my luck i make it on the LIST of tcds to train next year. I wont let up though bc i want this job badly.