Still waiting.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
I love my job. I've always said that.
I just don't like the lack of pay progression which has become worse and worse over the last ~6 yrs.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
What other side? I don't recall making posts that FedEx is great to work for. I merely said that that the complainers are quick to tell someone else to go work somewhere else while they stay there.
it's called "the voice of experience". Anyone who's been here for any length of time can see there is no future at FedEx.

I'm sure there are many others here in the same situation as me - close to the end of our careers, for better or worse, we might as well at this late point stick out our remaining time here. We've been around the block enough times to know how much of a deadend this hole has become.

As much as it may suck for us, it will only suck exponentially as much for those coming on now, so why not put out the warning to newcomers - DO NOT COME HERE!

Why do you seem to have an issue with that???

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
it's called "the voice of experience". Anyone who's been here for any length of time can see there is no future at FedEx.

I'm sure there are many others here in the same situation as me - close to the end of our careers, for better or worse, we might as well at this late point stick out our remaining time here. We've been around the block enough times to know how much of a deadend this hole has become.

As much as it may suck for us, it will only suck exponentially as much for those coming on now, so why not put out the warning to newcomers - DO NOT COME HERE!

Why do you seem to have an issue with that???

I think Jackal has resumed free-basing the Kool-Aid. On one hand, he's anti-FedEx, and on the other, he defends it...sort of like vantexan. Can you say passive/aggressive?

vantexan

I think Jackal has resumed free-basing the Kool-Aid. On one hand, he's anti-FedEx, and on the other, he defends it...sort of like vantexan. Can you say passive/aggressive?
The problem is that FedEx didn't keep their promises to us, selling us out for their own enrichment. But they aren't unique in dropping the traditional retirement plan for a 401k and/or cash balance plan along with minuscule raises. And of many companies doing so they tend to start employees at better pay because no one would stick with it if they can get much easier jobs for similar pay. You are just beating your head against a wall wishing they'd do better when they can hire many off the street who can be trained to do what you do. It really is supply and demand. You say it's defending them, I say it's the harsh reality out there. The only way we'll see substantially better raises is to get a business friendly administration that will encourage investment by the wealthy and grow the economy. When employers compete for workers wages go up.

overflowed

The only way we'll see substantially better raises is to get a business friendly administration that will encourage investment by the wealthy and grow the economy. When employers compete for workers wages go up.[/quote]
Or vote in a union.

vantexan

The only way we'll see substantially better raises is to get a business friendly administration that will encourage investment by the wealthy and grow the economy. When employers compete for workers wages go up.
Or vote in a union.[/quote]
Pretty tough to do these days.

!Retired!

The ONLY thing I 'defended' FedEx for doing is running the company the way they want. I have said before, I may not agree with some of the choices upper management makes, but it's their company to run. If I hated my job 1/2 as much as some of the people on here, I wouldn't be working at FedEx. I don't LOVE my job or the company, but I don't HATE it either. I am getting tired though.

hypo hanna

The only way we'll see substantially better raises is to get a business friendly administration that will encourage investment by the wealthy and grow the economy. When employers compete for workers wages go up.

Anyone who still believes this should take a long hard look at the jobs creation act of 2004. One of the greatest scams performed by the corporate oligarchy on the American people.
They are deliberately keeping jobs scarce specifically so they don't have to pay competitive wages and they can work the ones employed twice as hard.

vantexan

Anyone who still believes this should take a long hard look at the jobs creation act of 2004. One of the greatest scams performed by the corporate oligarchy on the American people.
They are deliberately keeping jobs scarce specifically so they don't have to pay competitive wages and they can work the ones employed twice as hard.
You may be right. The American Jobs Creation Act of 2004 was designed to get corporations to repatriate their profits from overseas while avoiding taxes in hopes that all that money would be invested here. The problem is that the real growth, and profit, these days is in developing nations, not in the First World. We may be developing a permanent underclass of unemployed and underemployed while developing nations are starting to boom. Which makes it that much more important to get skills that pay because the days of getting a good local factory job are pretty much over in most places.

MAKAVELI

You may be right. The American Jobs Creation Act of 2004 was designed to get corporations to repatriate their profits from overseas while avoiding taxes in hopes that all that money would be invested here. The problem is that the real growth, and profit, these days is in developing nations, not in the First World. We may be developing a permanent underclass of unemployed and underemployed while developing nations are starting to boom. Which makes it that much more important to get skills that pay because the days of getting a good local factory job are pretty much over in most places.
Which makes a majority of Americans essentially slaves to corporate America. Union membership decline is a big factor in wage decline and the wealth gap, more than many realize.
http://www.epi.org/news/union-membership-declines-inequality-rises/

hypo hanna

It was the "American Jobs Creation Act", not the "Bangladesh Jobs Creation Act".
Also its tough for kids to get the needed skills when corporations have starved the educational systems of revanue.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I'm sure Smith and his wallet rallied behind this one.

vantexan

It was the "American Jobs Creation Act", not the "Bangladesh Jobs Creation Act".
Also its tough for kids to get the needed skills when corporations have starved the educational systems of revanue.
Kids get the basics in school, need to go to trade schools or the military for skills. Most don't, opting for college instead. There are blue collar jobs that go begging because most don't want to be carpenters, plumbers, and electricians, etc. The days of getting any old college degree and getting a pretty good job right out of college are over. People have to go where the work is. And I can hear the howls now, but teachers' unions are also a big drain on public funds. I know a woman who retired from California public schools at age 50 with a $2000 a month pension and she was a teacher's aide her entire career.

The government can do things to encourage investment but as I stated there is a much higher potential for growth overseas and you don't have to go to Bangladesh to find it. Fred S said as much a few years ago, that the U.S. is a "saturated" market. Developing the FedEx network overseas is where it's at for this company and it's investors.

Kids get the basics in school, need to go to trade schools or the military for skills. Most don't, opting for college instead. There are blue collar jobs that go begging because most don't want to be carpenters, plumbers, and electricians, etc. The days of getting any old college degree and getting a pretty good job right out of college are over. People have to go where the work is. And I can hear the howls now, but teachers' unions are also a big drain on public funds. I know a woman who retired from California public schools at age 50 with a $2000 a month pension and she was a teacher's aide her entire career.

The government can do things to encourage investment but as I stated there is a much higher potential for growth overseas and you don't have to go to Bangladesh to find it. Fred S said as much a few years ago, that the U.S. is a "saturated" market. Developing the FedEx network overseas is where it's at for this company and it's investors.
I opted for military,then after that trade school and still that wasn't enough skills to have a middle class life style.We are living under the new deal.And that deal is take what you can get.If you don't like it there are plenty more applications to choose from.It was'nt all bad,I just could,nt drive a $40,000 vehicle every couple of years or live in a $200,000 home either, but it did keep me from living in a van down by the river.I guess I'm glad to be ignorant of the way it used to be in middle class America,that way I don't really know what I'm missing.