Still waiting.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Also its tough for kids to get the needed skills when corporations have starved the educational systems of revanue.

And when you say "corporations have starved the educational systems of revanue [sic]," you mean, "corporate income tax revenues have been rising for five consecutive years."

hypo hanna

And when you say "corporations have starved the educational systems of revanue [sic]," you mean, "corporate income tax revenues have been rising for five consecutive years."
Successful corporate lobbying for greater tax breaks and loopholes have been rising for the past 25 years making their effective tax liability at worse 15% and in many instances 0%.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

FedEx is on the list of the biggest companies that fail to pay corporate taxes anywhere near their revenues. Your post is almost a verbatim quote from Smith, who bitches all the time about how we need to lower the corporate tax rate...and then he pays almost nothing. Suck harder, boy.

vantexan

FedEx is on the list of the biggest companies that fail to pay corporate taxes anywhere near their revenues. Your post is almost a verbatim quote from Smith, who bitches all the time about how we need to lower the corporate tax rate...and then he pays almost nothing. Suck harder, boy.
I'm curious as to the source of your list. If FedEx isn't paying legitimate taxes why aren't they being prosecuted by a very anti-business administration? Could it be that there are legitimate tax breaks that FedEx uses? They can't just refuse to pay.

MAKAVELI

I'm curious as to the source of your list. If FedEx isn't paying legitimate taxes why aren't they being prosecuted by a very anti-business administration? Could it be that there are legitimate tax breaks that FedEx uses? They can't just refuse to pay.
"A very anti business administration" where the stock market is hitting record levels. You may want to rethink that statement.

hypo hanna

Damn! Now I have to clean the monitor!

"Anti-business administration", that's hilarious!

Those tax breaks, (loopholes), are legitimate only in that they spent a ton lobbying for them and bought off enough elected officials to get them passed into law.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Because I don't have to pay off anybody in congress to make things go my way. Secondly most people don't get a healthy tax break like corporations do. Thirdly, I highly recommend minding your own business.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why? Are you are unable to keep up with me?

I agree that corporations should pay their fair share but until such time as the tax laws are changed they would be foolish not to take full advantage of the current legislation.

Resident know-it-all.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Why? Are you are unable to keep up with me?

I agree that corporations should pay their fair share but until such time as the tax laws are changed they would be foolish not to take full advantage of the current legislation.

Resident know-it-all.
Then how do you think the tax laws get changed? You tell us Mr. Yale.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

There you go with the word "prosecuted", trying to tar and feather Obama however you can. Sorry, but BHO has been a big buddy to business. FedEx is on the list of the companies that pay the least in corporate taxes relative to their revenue. Better go back to Benghazi.
Better yet, let's see how good of a lay Palin was according to Mr. Rice.

hypo hanna

If "it is OK because most people do it" why is it not OK for corporations to use the tax laws to their benefit?

Resident know-it-all.
Because their undo influence stacks the deck. I don't have an army of lobbyist or enough campaign cash to purchase the local dog catcher. Unlike the corporate overlords who buy Senators and congressman by the dozen.

vantexan

Damn! Now I have to clean the monitor!

"Anti-business administration", that's hilarious!

Those tax breaks, (loopholes), are legitimate only in that they spent a ton lobbying for them and bought off enough elected officials to get them passed into law.
But they are the law, therefore FedEx isn't breaking a law. Nor are they refusing to pay taxes. And yes, your beloved administration is anti-business. Corporations have just found ways to work around them to be profitable. Left up to Obama they'd be much more heavily taxed. We can complain all we want, but where are jobs coming from if corporations don't thrive? You are a topped out dispatcher, right? You do decently pay wise. Quit your job and see if you if you do as well on the outside. You just might do well but you may also have to seriously downgrade your life. Be thankful for what you have you little revolutionary you.

vantexan

Because their undo influence stacks the deck. I don't have an army of lobbyist or enough campaign cash to purchase the local dog catcher. Unlike the corporate overlords who buy Senators and congressman by the dozen.
Oligarchy, overlords...are you an anarchist?

vantexan

There you go with the word "prosecuted", trying to tar and feather Obama however you can. Sorry, but BHO has been a big buddy to business. FedEx is on the list of the companies that pay the least in corporate taxes relative to their revenue. Better go back to Benghazi.
Better yet, let's see how good of a lay Palin was according to Mr. Rice.
Where's the list? Sort of like "where's the beef?" FedEx isn't nearly as profitable as many corporations. They pay taxes on the profit, not the total revenue. Their number one expense is payroll, followed by fuel. I believe that FedEx could've done better by us, but whether we like it or not they're trying to not only make a profit but to increase profits. We get caught in the middle. I know firsthand their desire to increase profits. When I got rehired in '98 I was gone more than a year so I had to start over. Got rehired after 10 months this time but corporate policy now is all must start over so I got starting pay. Not thrilled, but no one else is offering this much and I'm 52. I'll take what I can get.