Stinky Uniforms

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by undies, Oct 11, 2014.

1. undies

undies Active Member

This was my first summer with the new uniforms and boy do they retain my stink of the day. After I sweat just a little bit the smell comes out, like a moldy bunched up towel. Pretty gross. Never had this problem with the old Riverside stuff. Anyone have a similar problem? Or tips on getting the smell out? I'm not sure if using very hot water will ruin the uniforms!

2. DriveInDriveOut

DriveInDriveOut The One Who Knocks

I buy baking soda in bulk from costco, throw a few cups in with my usual laundry detergent. I don't know about the new driver uniforms, but it's always done the trick with the stink that 100 degree temps and 80% humidity brings down on me.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amatuer Malthusian

Dunk them in diesel fuel and you probably won't notice so much.:funny:

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Wash them in the hot water for 2 hrs. Should help soften them up a bit too.

5. bleedinbrown58

bleedinbrown58 ahhh....the mouth breathers

DIDO is right....Toss some baking soda into the wash....or I buy the Oxyclean powder and toss in scoop of that along with the laundry detergent...otherwise my work shirts get that old wet towel smell too.

6. retiredTxfeeder

retiredTxfeeder cap'n crunch

Something about your post doesn't ring true. You said this is your first summer using Twin Hill unis and they weren't like the old Riverside ones. I believe UPS stopped using Riverside back in 2007 or 2008. At least down here in Texas where I worked. At any rate, like BNB58 says, do try Oxyclean, it works wonders. My wife swears by it. No, she *REALLY* swears by it. Every time she washed my browns, I could hear her in the laundry room. "&%$@? you and your funky wet dog smellin uniforms." lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

I would sprinkle some baby powder or foot powder on the inside of uniforms. It helped keep them from sticking to me and cut odor.

8. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

My scent smells good.

9. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

Nice :censored2: smell?

10. bleedinbrown58

Lol It's true...if you just use regular laundry detergent...they seem clean..but when you put on the clean shirt and start sweating in it again...you can smell that wet dog/moldy towel smell...Oxiclean takes care of that!

11. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

You shouldn't hug your wet dog before going in to work.

12. bleedinbrown58

Baby powder cuts down on the chafing too....thats the worst in the summertime. For all you men who don't wanna smell like a baby's :censored2:...you can also use plain old cornstarch. Does the same thing without the scent...lol. Costco used to sell it in a big spice type shaker.

13. bleedinbrown58

I don't have a dog, Grandpa. I hug big filthy boxes...and the occassional driver...lol

14. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Lets see a show of hands.

How many drivers.. had new uniform shirts..

That rubbed their nipples raw ?? :biggrin:

15. Big Arrow Down...D

Big Arrow Down...D Leave the gun,take the cannoli

It wasn't the uniforms!

17. I got the rash on my stomach from these uniforms. Switched to an undershirt and went to the dermatologist and got some cream. Better now.

18. undies

undies Active Member

I just had a baby and gained 20 pounds during FMLA. Had to retire my riversides. I was holding onto them as long as possible.

19. Overpaid Union Thug

Overpaid Union Thug Well-Known Member

Every since I started wearing uniform shirts that are one or two sizes too big and Under Amour undershirts I haven't had the stinky problem. LOL!

20. bleedinbrown58

It keeps the sweat off the uniform shirt...there's something about ups box grime and sweat that adheres to clothing like crazy glue...lol