Stinky Uniforms

oldandcrabby

Son bought a house that is on a well and if you notice that musty smell coming out of washer, dishwasher, disposal you can get rid of it by running bleach & vinegar through those appliances. The vinegar gets rid of the hard water deposits and the bleach gets rid of musty smell. This also extends the life of those appliances this was per master plumber who replumbed his whole house.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Son works inside for UPS and husband is a driver. So once a month with front load washer and on a well. Yes all the work clothes for both started picking up a musty smell that even oxiclean couldn't get out so I will once a month run all of sons work clothes from work with detergent and vinegar, baking soda. Same with husbands uniforms. Then run front load washer with hot water and bleach empty has fixed that problem. Hope this helps you guys out
Thanks Mom

oldandcrabby

Hey thank you its these little things that make a Mom happy. Now that he is a homeowner on a well it has become his job to do the once a month ritual. I appreciate your acknowledgement also it helps to know that people still appreciate the stay at home Mom.

oldandcrabby

Could be if I was a lazy individual. I couldn't stand the stinky smell coming from the laundry hamper for that long. The work socks are even worse. Them work socks could pretty much stand up and walk themselves into the machine.

oldngray

nowhere special
Could be if I was a lazy individual. I couldn't stand the stinky smell coming from the laundry hamper for that long. The work socks are even worse. Them work socks could pretty much stand up and walk themselves into the machine.

A lot of the socks is from stinky shoes. Wear a couple of pairs of shoes and alternate to let them dry out. And spray the insides with Lysol and use foot powder.

oldandcrabby

I just made a stinky.
Thank you I needed that this morning. We are getting ready for peak here. Fall cleaning of the house, gutters cleaned out (check) furnace turned on (check) make sure that there is enough in the cabinet to only have to buy turkey for Thanksgiving dinner. Son is throwing his first holiday dinner this year. Have to run to box store and pick him up furnace filters.

UPS is already starting him to work double shifts.