upschuck

You got to have a certain number of shares to sell online, don't know what it is, but when I sold 300+ shares, I did it all online, was easy, and done quickly . Co-worker has to do paperwork and mail it in, and wait. I guess that is another way for management to keep hourlies at a disadvantage. I had bought shares up until it went public, and just sat on them, drip, and sold them to pay off mortgage. All that switching from a to b is unnecessary. Do you charge you for that switch? I think I was charged a $10 transaction fee, and it was DD into bank account in a couple days.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Maybe someone can chime in about charges?

I do know my stock has to change to B to sell.

brown metal coffin

I don't believe that it does. I've sold online as well and I just choose the block of shares I want to sell and hit sell. That's it. Do know though that you have to sell a minimum of 100 shares.

Sent using BrownCafe App

upsman68

You have to have a minimum of 100 shares to sell online. If you don't you have to convert them. The paperwork is online. Fill it out and you have to go a bank to get a gold medallion signature. Send it in to compushare. A few days Later you can sell them online. If you have it set up to have the money in your checking account it's in your account in a few days.

Sent using BrownCafe App

thessalonian13

You have to have a minimum of 100 shares to sell online. If you don't you have to convert them. The paperwork is online. Fill it out and you have to go a bank to get a gold medallion signature. Send it in to compushare. A few days Later you can sell them online. If you have it set up to have the money in your checking account it's in your account in a few days.

thessalonian13

Sent using BrownCafe App
Only UPS would make something so complicated. Having to fill out PAPERWORK and jump through all those hoops just to sell a few shares in the internet age speaks volumes about UPS. E-Trade is so simple.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Only UPS would make something so complicated. Having to fill out PAPERWORK and jump through all those hoops just to sell a few shares in the internet age speaks volumes about UPS. E-Trade is so simple.

They prefer that you consider the stock to be a long-term investment and not a piggy bank that you can break in to as needed.

Wally

It does seem silly that I can't convert shares online on my account page if I have less than 100 shares. Charge a small fee or something. Ridiculous.

oldngray

nowhere special
dt140729.gif

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
You'll go on the Computershare web site and print up the conversion page. You'll have to write down the shares that are available to convert and get the form notarized. Send them in, and about a week or two later, you will get a check. I did snail mail, you can pay more for NDA and get it a little quicker. They are pretty good on the phone---they'll walk you through it.

thessalonian13

You'll go on the Computershare web site and print up the conversion page. You'll have to write down the shares that are available to convert and get the form notarized. Send them in, and about a week or two later, you will get a check. I did snail mail, you can pay more for NDA and get it a little quicker. They are pretty good on the phone---they'll walk you through it.
That's my point. I have 80 shares and I would have dozens of partial share prices (97.0937846278 96.0936484849 and so on) to write on a piece of paper. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!! And if you get 1 digit wrong the whole thing is negated and you have to start all over again. We should be able to click our way through this like every other 21st century company. Unfortunately UPS is stuck in the 19th century with this process.

upsman68

Just double check it. I didn't have any problem. I know it's time consuming but if you want the to sell that's the way it's done.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Rack em

Made the Podium
I am reviving this age old thread because I am having trouble selling. I only want to sell 20 shares so I can get my truck paid off, but I have to convert my shares to class B. I tried calling to have them walk me through it, but of course the whole system is automated now and I couldn't talk to an actual person!

Can anyone verify if I printed out the correct form. "Form 2011 request for conversion of class A to class B stock, and transfer of ownership." The form is 6 pages long and I honestly have no idea how to fill the thing out. I would try my best to fill it out, but I don't want to do it wrong and send it in to get rejected.

Wally

How much taxes will you be paying vs interest on the loan? I guess you should factor dividends in too.