Stock dividend increase

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
No, but a bit bitter about not getting the pay and pension promised.

When did they "promise" anything? They never promised me a thing. I've never known any employee who was promised anything or told when hired, "We have this benefit or that benefit and it'll always be there and will never change."

vantexan

When did they "promise" anything? They never promised me a thing. I've never known any employee who was promised anything or told when hired, "We have this benefit or that benefit and it'll always be there and will never change."
B.S.... They sent us material every year telling us what we'd get if we put in the time. Who works toward a goal like that knowing the company could change it at any time? They also have a long range planning dept and knew while they were sending us the glossy material that they were going to end it. Furthermore they gave us a "choice" whether to stay in the traditional plan or go into the new plan. Yeah, what a choice. Those that voluntarily went into the portable pension were screwed out of the 4% extra annual "catch-up" credits that the rest of us got for 5 years.

They were telling newhires 7 to 8 years to top out all over the country and I knew a newhire in 2012 who was told that. Tell me, do you think it's ok for someone to work hard for 10, 15 or more years next to someone making $5-$6hr more and never make up any ground against them? Loyal employees having to live paycheck to paycheck through their most productive years, not only taking home much less, but getting less in 401k contributions, portable pension contributions, sick day bonuses, etc? Furthermore if a corporate policy clearly says that a former employee can be rehired at his previous percentage of range in areas where they're having trouble finding a qualified applicant and they say no you can't then do you find that honest? HR told me too bad, I had already signed the offer letter. THIS COMPANY USES AND ABUSES, ALL FOR BIGGER PROFITS TO ENRICH IT's EXEC's, AND DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN IF WE DON'T LIKE IT.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Many of us when we were hired (and after that) were told that we'd have a nice pension to retire on if we stuck it out. Apparently, being the corporate apologist you are, you easily forget that huh?

59 Dano

B.S.... They sent us material every year telling us what we'd get if we put in the time. Who works toward a goal like that knowing the company could change it at any time? They also have a long range planning dept and knew while they were sending us the glossy material that they were going to end it. Furthermore they gave us a "choice" whether to stay in the traditional plan or go into the new plan. Yeah, what a choice. Those that voluntarily went into the portable pension were screwed out of the 4% extra annual "catch-up" credits that the rest of us got for 5 years.

They were telling newhires 7 to 8 years to top out all over the country and I knew a newhire in 2012 who was told that. Tell me, do you think it's ok for someone to work hard for 10, 15 or more years next to someone making $5-$6hr more and never make up any ground against them? Loyal employees having to live paycheck to paycheck through their most productive years, not only taking home much less, but getting less in 401k contributions, portable pension contributions, sick day bonuses, etc? Furthermore if a corporate policy clearly says that a former employee can be rehired at his previous percentage of range in areas where they're having trouble finding a qualified applicant and they say no you can't then do you find that honest? HR told me too bad, I had already signed the offer letter. THIS COMPANY USES AND ABUSES, ALL FOR BIGGER PROFITS TO ENRICH IT's EXEC's, AND DOESN'T GIVE A DAMN IF WE DON'T LIKE IT.

So in other words, no, they didn't promise you anything. They didn't promise me anything, either.

vantexan

Hard to top out when you can't stay employed.
If I had been topped out in a reasonable time the 2nd time, or had been given better pay the first time, I never would've quit. I've never said we should get UPS pay, but if they can top out at $35hr after 4 years, then our greedy exec's could spare us $25hr after 6 or 7 years, don't you think?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If I had been topped out in a reasonable time the 2nd time, or had been given better pay the first time, I never would've quit. I've never said we should get UPS pay, but if they can top out at $35hr after 4 years, then our greedy exec's could spare us $25hr after 6 or 7 years, don't you think?

Truth be told at $35/hr we are overpaid for what is basically a very simple job.

59 Dano

If I had been topped out in a reasonable time the 2nd time, or had been given better pay the first time, I never would've quit.

Dude, you have more issues than the New York Times.

I've never said we should get UPS pay, but if they can top out at $35hr after 4 years, then our greedy exec's could spare us $25hr after 6 or 7 years, don't you think?

Or we could go work for UPS. Nothing stopped any of us from that.

vantexan

So, which part do you disagree with? The part about you having sooooooooo many issues, or the part where you had the option to go to work elsewhere? Don't be such a fool.
We've had this discussion before. I was putting up with the pay just to get that pension. The year they terminated the plan, 2008, the economy tanked. There was nowhere to go. Plus I developed serious health issues. I was stuck at FedEx. Have I got issues? Sure do, and most of them are due to lying, cheating, abusive mgr's. I once had a director ask to meet me, said he never heard of another courier who consistently ran his rt at 150%. I worked very hard, was one of those some here like to slam. All I ever got was either pats on the head or kicks in the teeth. You are typical of the smug, patronizing dishonesty. But it'll soon be over. So lie like a rug.

Last edited:

59 Dano

We've had this discussion before. I was putting up with the pay just to get that pension. The year they terminated the plan, 2008, the economy tanked. There was nowhere to go. Plus I developed serious health issues. I was stuck at FedEx. Have I got issues? Sure do, and most of them are due to lying, cheating, abusive mgr's. I once had a director ask to meet me, said he never heard of another courier who consistently ran his rt at 150%. I worked very hard, was one of those some here like to slam. All I ever got was either pats on the head or kicks in the teeth. You are typical of the smug, patronizing dishonesty. But it'll soon be over. So lie like a rug.

Your entire career as you've shared it here is nothing but, "It's always someone else's fault."

bacha29

All you have to remember with regard to FedEx are two simple words,.............NOTHING"S BINDING ! Whether you are an employee or a contractor or whatever that company prides itself on the fact that outside of what little impact a castrated National Labor Relations Board has on the matter it has no binding obligations to you as an employee or a so called contractor or whatever relationship you have with that company.