Stock Sale

satellitedriver

That's why a $2 MIllion liabilty insurance is required. Besides all hotdogs come pre-packaged and it probably would be the manufacter's fault.
There is a government food inspector onsite, so that kind of covers my butt, too.

If I only sell my $1000 stash of softdrinks, that's $10.000 in sales alone.
I got the 710ml bottles really cheap at 20 cents/piece, selling them at $2.00 each, and that's not even asking much, since 7/11 stores sell them for more !
Hotdogs are roughly 10 times the mark-up, too. I'll do fine :)

And, I'm not worried of house prices sinking, and I will sell it one day, probably within the next 5 years.
Kiss this city good-bye and move somewhere where house prices are much cheaper.
Nice pipe dream.
Best of Luck.
I could point out your lack of knowledge about the totality of running a food service business
, but why rain on your parade.
You might want to consider some other math evolved besides profit per unit.
Single product and a short time frame to be able to sell comes to mind.
It can be done, but I can't wait to see what you will be doing next year.
Stash of sodas/softdrinks?
Check the expiration date on them.
Yes, the dogs come pre-packaged, but once you open the package the onus is upon you.
As I said, best of luck. You will need it with your lack of experience.
BTW;
I started selling hot dogs at the age of 12 and was managing a restaurant at the age of 16.
Collectively, my wife and I have 25yrs experience running a full service food service business.

klein

Für Meno :)
You're right Sat, I have no clue what to expect with an audience of 20.000 - 30.000 people daily for 4 days at the outdoor concert.
But, my bet is, I'll need to restock and get more supplies inbetween.
We have a "runner" for that set-up that we pay by delivery.

If we do happen to have leftovers after this concert, we already have another one to go to, less then 2 weeks later that will last 3 days.
By we, it's my brother and I, he will sell hamburgers and his own drinks/snacks, while I have my own stand.

He sold 900 dogs at a 1 day concert last year, just being parked outside the gate of it.
This one, we are close upfront to the stage area !

We both have 1 extra staff hired, too, and hopefully we'll be able to keep up with all the orders. That's 1 of our major concerns right now.
And honestly, we both don't know what to expect.
Luckily the concert last 4 days, so we can adjust our orders accordingly.
And to be honest, if I run out of stock late during the last day, I'll just close up early, and take the money I made and run.
I certainly won't have all flavors of softdrinks left,and not all types of smokies/dogs on the last day, and will change my menu accordingly, too.

And btw, I kind of expect my pop/bottled water/juice stash of over 1200 bottles and cans to be mostly gone within the first day, maybe even sooner ?!!!

satellitedriver

Best of luck, once again.
A ton can be made in single events.
There are five key rules in the quick food industry.
Quality product.
Cleanliness.
Planning.
Preparation.
Quantity.
Also consider that you are doing a cash business, in a public setting.
You become a mark for thieves.
Only keep the amount of money in the till that is needed for change.
Never carry the days profit in one bundle.
Through the day separate and secure the cash.
These are basics that I think you know, but I had to point them out.