Stock steady above $100, will it split?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Through the SMA in our 401k.

Bought 526 shares of Apple today. @ $95/share. I tried to get in at $90 but my account needed to be updated for some reason. I expect it to be over $100 when the next earnings report comes out.

Resident know-it-all.

Sounds good, where do I send it? Do you accept direct deposit?
Yes I do. Just post your account and routing number.

I also need your social security number, mothers maiden name and the name of your first pet.......for security reasons.

Then from my south African estate, I will handle your transaction.

Through the SMA in our 401k.

Bought 526 shares of Apple today. @ $95/share. I tried to get in at $90 but my account needed to be updated for some reason. I expect it to be over $100 when the next earnings report comes out.

Resident know-it-all.
If you would have bought 95 shares at $526 you would have a 12K gain.

Returntosender

Before the 7-1 split it was trading close to $650/share.

Apple will only continue to grow.

Resident know-it-all.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/investor/2014/03/26/why-i-still-wouldnt-buy-apple/

The Apple bulls tell us about the great “eco-system” of Apple. In other words, the millions of people who are locked into this ‘gulag’ because it is not compatible with other brands. Well, Sony Sony had that with Betamax, Wang had it with word processors, Digital Equipment had it with corporate computers. The last two I mentioned went out of business, and Betamax died although the technology was superior to VHS. The corporate graveyard is full of such companies.

Sony used to be the top brand in electronics. But then it always delivered products with fewer features at a much higher price. The company thought it could get away with that because it was “Sony.” Isn’t that what Apple is doing? Now Sony is just another brand, having trouble making a profit. The eco-system faded.

I made my escape from the “Apple Gulag” 18 months ago. People are fleeing the eco-system in droves. Just look at the numbers. At one time, Apple had a monopoly on smartphones. No longer. Eco-systems can die easily when alternatives come out.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My goal is to make enough to buy myself a vintage Mustang as my retirement present.

Resident know-it-all.
i can remember in the late 70's early 80's mid 60's Mustangs were CHEAP. I bought a 1966 with a 289 for $900 in 1980 and my father told me i paid WAY to much for it

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm thinking $20K for the car and $6K for the taxes on the withdrawal from my 401k so roughly $25-30K. This means the stock has to go up $50-60/share in the next 5 years, which is a pretty tall order.

Resident know-it-all.
That's about a 10% average yearly return. I'm hoping the market does that as a whole for the next 5 years.