Stock will go down

fedupped

The financial world has no idea what a brittle shell this company has become. We share a Sr mgr with another station, no sweat, dont need him, good riddance. We have o n e mgr for a large southeast station. She/He..She is horrible. Leaves daily before 1400. We have had two mgrs downgrade in the last 2 months to courier. One voluntarily (because of horrible mgr still here who does nothing), and one pm who was forced down. He was given a am route and after first day has not been seen. Probably disability. We are down at least 5 pm couriers who quit. We have a courier/helper who runs the am. We have a courier/helper who runs the pm. Thats it. The prisoners are running the asylum. Earnings will be great. But time is ticking. The old guard of veteran couriers are dying off and then who will run the show?..Look around at the new cats. Wont be long.

vantexan

Wishing all of you a wonderful, joyous Peak! Oh, wait a minute, only us retirees are having one! Can't tell you how good it feels to have a normal Christmas!

cancan

Nah. You don't get it. They are playing a short game, not long haul. The idea is to pump it up to 160-180 and split it. Everybody sells and makes a huge profit. Of course it will go down eventually. But not before Fred and the hedge fund managers have made billions.

DontThrowPackages

Nah. You don't get it. They are playing a short game, not long haul. The idea is to pump it up to 160-180 and split it. Everybody sells and makes a huge profit. Of course it will go down eventually. But not before Fred and the hedge fund managers have made billions.
I believe you. I think big shot/shots might be looking to roll off into the sunset and I looking to get a fat gold parachute after xmas is done and buried.

bbsam

Staff member
"The old guard of veteran couriers are dying off...." This is neither unforeseen or is it undesired by Memphis.

fedupped

But, they just had a major share buy back, which is what started the rise. I dont think they are going to dilute the share market with a split after a buy back.

fedupped

"The old guard of veteran couriers are dying off...." This is neither unforeseen or is it undesired by Memphis.
does this moderator gig give you access to personal info of board members? And dude, you would not believe the problems if it was nt for the old guard right now. Literally carrying the operation. Have to, no MGRS.

bbsam

Staff member
Whats the idea?..access to board member personal info?
Not that. The fact that they can have experienced couriers act as the management team. It's all about downsizing Express, something that's been discussed here over and over.
And to be clear, I don't have access to personal information and I'm not sure why you thought I did. Nothing I have said suggests that.

Manager Wants Buyout

The financial world has no idea what a brittle shell this company has become. We share a Sr mgr with another station, no sweat, dont need him, good riddance. We have o n e mgr for a large southeast station. She/He..She is horrible. Leaves daily before 1400. We have had two mgrs downgrade in the last 2 months to courier. One voluntarily (because of horrible mgr still here who does nothing), and one pm who was forced down. He was given a am route and after first day has not been seen. Probably disability. We are down at least 5 pm couriers who quit. We have a courier/helper who runs the am. We have a courier/helper who runs the pm. Thats it. The prisoners are running the asylum. Earnings will be great. But time is ticking. The old guard of veteran couriers are dying off and then who will run the show?..Look around at the new cats. Wont be long.

Manager Wants Buyout

I heard they'd start closing the failed FedEx Office stores. They are totally empty and have declined by a minimum of 5% each year for more than a decade. The retail customer doesn't exist and the package volume is rapidly evaporating just like the team members. I think they should start serving lunch to get a customer to show up. I heard they were going to buy each team member an extra shirt but they couldn't afford it. Also, they have gone big time this year by allowing us to throw a holiday party and spend a full $10 per team member. We couldn't afford cups so we had to share. They cut everyone's hours because of the no customer situation and a large percentage need to eat at a soup kitchen now. It's sad. I'm going to sit here as long as possible and then walk out when the everything must go signs show up. Merry Christmas FXO, another year of failure is just around the corner. It was bad this year but it will be much worse next year as always is the case.

Manager Wants Buyout

It is a brittle shell. Well said. This is not sustainable. it's safe to say it's a total failure.

EFFCfan

What's wrong with sharing cups and shipping packages. I ship almost 10 packages a day and spend the rest of my day surfing the internet while my manager sits in her office playing on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. We have one copier in the center and the few customers that still come to us to print end up leaving because it takes 3 days to make a poster or laminate a sign. Once I tell them how Vista print sells for a fraction of the price and ships free they are sold! Although if I sell a couple dozen sharpies this month I can earn enough to put gas in my car. It's a great place to hang out. Peaceful and quiet. I though retail was going to be busy. Not here in Va!!!

Manager Wants Buyout

Well you may no longer be able to get paid to surf the internet young lady. They can't afford the internet and may have to go back to dial up. Sometimes we lock the doors so none of those customer people can show and annoy us in the unlikely event they tried. We play games to see who can ignore the most customers in a week or go through entire transactions without speaking to them. Nice job on Vista. When a customer emails us an order, we just delete it. If they follow up with a call we say ou network is down.

EFFCfan

I lock the doors too but I don't put that sign up that says be back in 10 min. Manager said it's better to shut the lights off when we do it and are alone so nobody will even think we're in the building and closed. Hang in office for a while until time to close my till. Yesterday I put away our supplies that came in. Clorox wipes, sharpies (of course) and a couple of cases of fedex boxes. We have paper on the shelves that haven't been touched in a year. I'm reading about origami on some website. Figure with all this paper I may as well learn how to make a swan or something

Doc Sorting Dude

Hey! Don't talk about closing FXO where else am I going to go when I need to take a dump? You guys have the cleanest bathrooms and the paper towels and hand cleaners are always full. Can't same the same for many of the other bathroom stops around town.

DontThrowPackages

Well you may no longer be able to get paid to surf the internet young lady. They can't afford the internet and may have to go back to dial up. Sometimes we lock the doors so none of those customer people can show and annoy us in the unlikely event they tried. We play games to see who can ignore the most customers in a week or go through entire transactions without speaking to them. Nice job on Vista. When a customer emails us an order, we just delete it. If they follow up with a call we say ou network is down.
This is a perfect example of how greed plays negatively on an employee's job pride. There will always be some lazy workers but, when I arrived at my station years ago, I'd say 90pct would go through walls for the company. We though of our rtes as our own little neighborhoods and if a customer needed help, there was no hesitation. At lunch, if someone asked if I could take a pup or if I had their item on the truck, I would take care of them. But when we stated getting treated in the way we are now, No one wants to do anymore than they have too. Remember those Peaks when you'd take out way over your max and try like your life depended on it to get all those stops off? Today I look at the sheet to find my rte number and take what it says to take on road and simply drop the rest. It really is something strange to look at the printout the next day,during peak, to see most couriers at 00 or -10 on their onroad productivity lol. Thats has alot to do with why so much curap is sitting on the floors. Well couple that with the fact that the company has collapsed so many RTEs in the past years, its biting them now. And they're seeing how more than less PTers are handling peak. Some refuse to even work all day. Others deliver packages 2 streets off and come back much too late. But I guess as long as the bigwigs can keep shoveling huges amounts of your money into their pie holes, nothing will change.