Stock

edsaem6

I am a full-time sup and trying to sell some stock. I looked on the BNY mellon site and it says that if I am in a certain trading (2,3,4) I have to verify if the trading window is open. I don't really want to call, so if anyone can help me out I'd appreciate it.

hudson

Log on to upsers.com and it will tell you if your trading window is open or closed. Look at the top right just under the stock quote , Here is what mine says after clicking on "the trading window is closed link" : Effective December 1, the trading window for groups 2, 3, and 4 employees is now CLOSED. It is anticipated to reopen February 2 the day after quarterly earnings are announced.

Next to determine what group you are in look under related links on the right and click on the "Trading Window Guideline" link.

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
If you are in district operations you are a "1".
Most everybody in the district below level 18 is a 1 unless they have access to the numbers - i.e. Accounting
$72 today - not a bad price.

brown bomber

brown bomber
please explain to me the benefit of owning the stock, if you're not permitted to trade it .......when you feel it's reached a level, that you wish to trade........How does UPS manage to open and close the trading window at whatever time they deem appropriate.......

Catatonic

Nine Lives
please explain to me the benefit of owning the stock, if you're not permitted to trade it .......when you feel it's reached a level, that you wish to trade........How does UPS manage to open and close the trading window at whatever time they deem appropriate.......

How does UPS manage to open and close the trading window at whatever time they deem appropriate:
It is a condition of continued employment.
The reason for closing the window on certain management is to ensure or give the impression that there is no "insider Trading" as defined by the SEC.
Most UPS management is not under the open and close of the window restriction.
Everyone is under the SEC restriction on Insider Trading.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
How does UPS manage to open and close the trading window at whatever time they deem appropriate:
It is a condition of continued employment.
The reason for closing the window on certain management is to ensure or give the impression that there is no "insider Trading" as defined by the SEC.
Most UPS management is not under the open and close of the window restriction.
Everyone is under the SEC restriction on Insider Trading.

It typically closes in conjunction with earning announcements. Don't think I've ever seen a bump or drop at earnings time worth pursuing or dumping.

brown bomber

brown bomber
Um..Ahh.....I'm not Mgt., I'm just a dumb truck driver, trying to take advantage of the recent upward move of the stock......can't sell it online, and my phonecalls to Mellon NY, result in a big run-around.......If UPS is serious about a buy-back, put me 1st on the list

P.S. the stock has trended up after this past quarter......it's at a 52 week high

pretzel_man

Um..Ahh.....I'm not Mgt., I'm just a dumb truck driver, trying to take advantage of the recent upward move of the stock......can't sell it online, and my phonecalls to Mellon NY, result in a big run-around.......If UPS is serious about a buy-back, put me 1st on the list

P.S. the stock has trended up after this past quarter......it's at a 52 week high

I'm not sure what you are implying...

I have sold stock many times through Mellon. Both over the phone and online.

Of course, you need your user ID and password.

Is the problem that you don't know those? The user ID changed in August, 2008.

air_upser

I don't have the option to sell either...I was going to try Monday when the stock market is open to see if it makes a difference.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
Thought you had to have a certain amount of shares to be able to sell???????? also just thought they said they were going to increase the dividend????

Thought you had to have a certain amount of shares to be able to sell???????? also just thought they said they were going to increase the dividend????

You have to sell at least 100 shares at a time, or if you have less than 100, all of your shares. That is how I understood it anyway.

Returntosender

if you google ups iner tradeing. There was a lot of purchases made in 2010 by directors. then towards the end 2010 ups declares dividend increases. Is there link behind those purchases?

klein

Für Meno :)
if you google ups iner tradeing. There was a lot of purchases made in 2010 by directors. then towards the end 2010 ups declares dividend increases. Is there link behind those purchases?

They are trying hard to get their stock price up, so they have more net worth, by handing out higher dividends, and increasing the share price.
Basically, they want to borrow more money in the near future (sell shares once the price goes up), and pay the cost of higher dividends (instead of interest payments).

Didn't they just borrow a few million to bail out the pension plan for 2 years..... well they need more !

Sell now, while you are ahead !

moreluck

golden ticket member
They are trying hard to get their stock price up, so they have more net worth, by handing out higher dividends, and increasing the share price.
Basically, they want to borrow more money in the near future (sell shares once the price goes up), and pay the cost of higher dividends (instead of interest payments).

Didn't they just borrow a few million to bail out the pension plan for 2 years..... well they need more !

Sell now, while you are ahead !

UPS is flush with cash !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UPSidedown

Klein, borrowing money at low interest rates to fund pensions in a smart business practice..... not a "bail out".

Hoaxster..... Even the district staff, excluding the district manager, does not have enough information to prevent them from selling at anytime..... has nothing to do with "numbers". This includes the district controller.

klein

Für Meno :)
Don't come whining back when the stock price goes back to $50 !

There are enough warning signals out there. Think about those (I could type them down, but I want your brain to figure those out).

Returntosender

K
Don't come whining back when the stock price goes back to $50 !

There are enough warning signals out there. Think about those (I could type them down, but I want your brain to figure those out).
You're like socks and think you everything about everything. In the ups world.