stolen parcels

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
10 or so years ago a fellow driver made a delivery at a house while he was covering a trip. He signed the guys name in the DIAD and left the package behind a bush totally hidden. The package was a signature required. Turned out it also was a high value. It was a Rolex watch with a price tag of 1500.00. The customer claimed he never received the package which was most likely a BS story. The driver had to pay for the watch to keep his job. They deducted money weekly from his check. That was what both parties agreed on.

over9five

Staff member
People, remember they're not your customers. They are UPSs customers. DO NOT do them any favors, just do your job.

The worst thing you can do is feel bad that someone will not get their package today because they're not home and it's signature required. WHO CARES??? Sheet it, leave a note, maybe they'll be there tomorrow.

Why anyone would jeopardize their job for some customer is beyond me.

brownIEman

People, remember they're not your customers. They are UPSs customers. DO NOT do them any favors, just do your job.

The worst thing you can do is feel bad that someone will not get their package today because they're not home and it's signature required. WHO CARES??? Sheet it, leave a note, maybe they'll be there tomorrow.

Why anyone would jeopardize their job for some customer is beyond me.

We are talking about consignees here. So just to clarify, technically they are neither UPS' nor your customers... They are the shippers' customers. The Shipper is UPS' customer. We want to help out as much as we can, but since the shipper is our customer, their request should outway the consignees in what we do. And they requested a sig.

brownIEman

As sad as it is it all depends on how much his center manager likes him. If he makes good numbers on a daily basis he will probably get a slap on the wrist- if he dosen't make good numbers it could be curtains for him. That's how life works at UPS.:sad-little:P.S. --Drewed -if that is the most dishonest thing you have ever heard of you haven't been around very long.

Rod, it is not just UPS. Your third centence could have been "That's how life works." And been just as accurate....

It is folly to ignore the power of building relationships in anything we do.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rod, it is not just UPS. Your third centence could have been "That's how life works." And been just as accurate....

It is folly to ignore the power of building relationships in anything we do.

I stand corrected- you are right. --------(but I still dislike brown nosiers or suck ups or whatever you want to call them):wink2:

jennie

Hope you don't get in that much trouble, we all make mistakes. When your a scanner, if you go outta sync, whewww you could go to the guillotine, hahaha.

GOOD LUCK

backinbrown

respect my authority
UPS is looking to cut fat

Bad time to make this mistake

If it needs sig get sig

i won't take the chance personally especially now

hope it works out for you

learn from this

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hope you don't get in that much trouble, we all make mistakes. When your a scanner, if you go outta sync, whewww you could go to the guillotine, hahaha.

GOOD LUCK

Britney, what the driver did was not a mistake--it was a shortcut, a shortcut that could cost him his job but will most likely earn him an unpaid vacation and a hard lesson learned.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
What I don't understand, and I've read it in many posts, is why anybody is concerned about having send agains. I don't have any control or input as to the criteria that makes a pkg a send again. I will not solicit a neighbor unless I know the parties involved. How do I know if they're on good terms or honest. I don't give out my cell number or call people. Do that enough and your all day answering calls from morons wanting to know "do you have one for me". I do not accept signed delivery notices. Bottom line is that it doesn't matter to me. I'll try again tomorrow. They can leave a note as to were to indirect...or not. If it isn't that pkg it'll be another. Hell, if I have enough send agains, I might not get that extra split.

SEND AGAINS, WHO CARES
CYA!!!!!!!

brown bomber

brown bomber
The DIAD will prompt you to obtain a signature for a sig. req. package...you cannot use a signed del. notice for these pkgs..........unless you sign for them

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We are talking about consignees here. So just to clarify, technically they are neither UPS' nor your customers... They are the shippers' customers. The Shipper is UPS' customer. We want to help out as much as we can, but since the shipper is our customer, their request should outway the consignees in what we do. And they requested a sig.
It wasn't 'just' requested! The shipper was charged for that service and someone paid for it (be it the shipper or the shippers customer). We should provide the service that is paid for.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Go around back of the biz and look in the trash for the empty boxes or better yet send someone in your family.

I Dr`d a guitar once at a residence in a nice neighborhood, It was a good DR out of sight from the street and so on, anyway the owners called and said they never received it . I stopped by the house on the way home and saw the man playing it through his window and recovered the box from his trash. I turned the box into LP the following morning and told my center manager what I had done. UPS paid the claim anyway !!