Stolen, yet no claim!

nmang2412

So i made a delivery to a house who i only put the package at the back door, as i stepped down the porch the neighbor stopped me and informed me of a note on her door saying that all the packages being left on the streets front porches are being stolen. I informed her this is what were taught to do. She pointed to a parking lot and told me that they park and steal all the packages i leave. I told her that if this happens agian call the police and file a claim with ups. Did i do the right thing, do i have to deliver to the back door of that whole street now? Keep in mind im a helper, my driver trusts me to deal with the people who ask me stuff.

Paycheck

Do you make enough money as a helper to pay for the contents of the packages? Never leave a package in a area you are unsure about. Scan a deliver notice and record the package as not in. The worst that could happen is the customer call in a complaint, the positive is its for a non delivery versus a missing package.

nmang2412

Do you make enough money as a helper to pay for the contents of the packages? Never leave a package in a area you are unsure about. Scan a deliver notice and record the package as not in. The worst that could happen is the customer call in a complaint, the positive is its for a non delivery versus a missing package.
I
understand what your saying, i leave the pakages as hidden as possible. But if they know its there they will find it. I cant just not deliver all these stops, its a whole street. I make really good DRs but im probably going to tell my driver to deliver that street.

UPSGUY72

So i made a delivery to a house who i only put the package at the back door, as i stepped down the porch the neighbor stopped me and informed me of a note on her door saying that all the packages being left on the streets front porches are being stolen. I informed her this is what were taught to do. She pointed to a parking lot and told me that they park and steal all the packages i leave. I told her that if this happens agian call the police and file a claim with ups. Did i do the right thing, do i have to deliver to the back door of that whole street now? Keep in mind im a helper, my driver trusts me to deal with the people who ask me stuff.

HELLO, why are you asking us ask your driver he/ she knows the area we don't.

rod

Retired 22 years
Are you just temporary Christmas help or a regular pt time dude jumping for peak? I've never heard of them trying to get temp help to pay for a package.

Brain Genocide

During my orientation I was told to keep an eye out for possible vehicles following us during delivery. If I have any suspision I should take license plate dow or a picture with the phone , also report it to the driver, In your case with the neighbor talking to you, if she see's this happening she too can take pictures of strangers and thier vehicles.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just do as the customer asked,is it that hard !! Your being told of the thefts in the neighborhood !! what if it was your Moms pkge !! The driver doesn't want to see a claim or a complaint,
just do as your told !!

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I'm curious about the several high claims. Usually, those wind up being sig required in our building...they lock that street in the board and you can't release them at all.

UPSGUY72

I'm curious about the several high claims. Usually, those wind up being sig required in our building...they lock that street in the board and you can't release them at all.

Are they no DR stop or a No delivery / pickups address we have a couple of those in are building if they get a package be it Shipper release or not they have to come to the building and sign for it.