Stomach hurting out on the route

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Here's a story I heard from a sup I'm pretty "cool" with. Years ago, a customer had called in a concern about her regular driver stopping by the same storm drain and depositing an "object" from the package compartment, only to return hours later and retrieve said object. Customer thought some thievery was going on.

The Gestapo confronted the driver. Driver confessed he was leaving d/r bags full of thread topic in the drain and returning to remove them as a courtesy to the residents. No package claims had been filed and he was cleared of wrongdoing. He was also asked not to do it again.

Cool sup wouldn't tell me who it was since, driver is still employed. He did tell me, driver is no longer depositing rain bags full of doodoo in the neighborhood storm drain.

Sent using a Potato

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I hear that making a throne out of tires and a DR bag work great.

I don't have these problems where I'm at. I've got a bathroom at probably 75% of my stops.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I hear that making a throne out of tires and a DR bag work great.

I don't have these problems where I'm at. I've got a bathroom at probably 75% of my stops.
A huge portion of my route is farm and wine country, so there are porta-potties out in the middle of a lot of the fields. I am probably never more than 5 or 6 miles away from one.

During the winter it can be a problem using them because (a) you can get stuck in the mud trying to drive out to them and (b) they aren't being used and are therefore not being maintained so they stink and are full of spiders. Of course, during the summer they are being used a LOT so they stink even worse. Some of the really nasty ones don't get serviced at all; the farm owner just cuts the bottom out of the holding tank, digs a big hole, and positions the porta potty over the hole to make a plastic outhouse. I consider them to be crappers of last resort.

PT Car Washer

If it is winter time the spiders would be in hibernation. And there would be very little smell. The mud would be frozen and the only problem would be deep snow.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
If it is winter time the spiders would be in hibernation. And there would be very little smell. The mud would be frozen and the only problem would be deep snow.
It doesn't get as cold here as it does on the East Coast. The spiders fill the porta potties up with webs and sometimes they still move around in the winter. We might get below freezing weather for a few days or even a week but most of the time its raining with temps in the mid 30's and 40's so the fields become swamps. Come on out to Oregon next winter and take a dump in one of the porta potties on my route if you don't believe me.....

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'd just call in sick if I had stomach problems. If I was out on the route I'd drive to whatever was the closest restroom. I'm not an animal, even a dog instinctively knows not to crap in its living quarters, and we spend enough time in these trucks for that to qualify.

brostalss

Glad I have access to a clean limited access bathroom in my resi area for when it's time to percolate some butt coffee.

watdaflock?

Geez! I figured their was a reason everyone wore brown.
Being somebody who used to run marathons, I've finished many long training runs sockless.....all I'm sayin'.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Geez! I figured their was a reason everyone wore brown.
Being somebody who used to run marathons, I've finished many long training runs sockless.....all I'm sayin'.

I ran cross country in high school and remember this one race where a female runner had decided to "carb up" by eating a stack of pancakes an hour or so before the race. Suffice it to say she was unable to finish the race.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Here's a story I heard from a sup I'm pretty "cool" with. Years ago, a customer had called in a concern about her regular driver stopping by the same storm drain and depositing an "object" from the package compartment, only to return hours later and retrieve said object. Customer thought some thievery was going on.

The Gestapo confronted the driver. Driver confessed he was leaving d/r bags full of thread topic in the drain and returning to remove them as a courtesy to the residents. No package claims had been filed and he was cleared of wrongdoing. He was also asked not to do it again.

Cool sup wouldn't tell me who it was since, driver is still employed. He did tell me, driver is no longer depositing rain bags full of doodoo in the neighborhood storm drain.

Sent using a Potato
At least he was considerate enough to retrieve the package later in the day....some people would just have left it there.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Story I heard many years ago. Driver was out in the country and had to take a dump, we used to have 5 gallon buckets in the cargo area that we stored chains in so he pulled over, lined the bucket with a dr bag and sat down. He didn't pull far enough off the road though and an old farmer came around the curve in his pickup and rear-ended him. The impact smacked his head against the wall and knocked him out. When he woke up he was laying on the floor of the pc with his pants around his ankles and the old farmer standing in the bulkhead doorway looking down at him going "Son, are you ok?".