Stop Worker's Compensation Fraud Posters

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have recently noticed the Stop Worker's Compensation Fraud Poster in the facility.

A Preload Manager cuts himself severely at work, no one saw him get cut. He finishes his work day, then goes to the hospital and receives 15 stitches.

When asked how this injury happened he says it happened in a fall at his home.

What is your opinion about this?

Is this worker's compensation fraud?

Is it fraud at all?

Is it ok to do to keep injury numbers down and to not have the DM get mad?

Thoughts?

Sincerely,
I

UPSGUY72

I have recently noticed the Stop Worker's Compensation Fraud Poster in the facility.

A Preload Manager cuts himself severely at work, no one saw him get cut. He finishes his work day, then goes to the hospital and receives 15 stitches.

Is it fraud at all?

Thoughts?

Sincerely,
I

Nope that'a just another dumb Manager. Who in there right mind who got hurt at work would say they did it at home. Moat people with any brain do it the other way and don't tell anyone.

The worker comp fraud they speak of is when a person is out of work collecting but doing physical labor at home or side jobs..

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I know several people that are on some form of comp, disability etc. Sickening. So many jobs are sit on your butt computer jobs now days. I won't say anything about until mid November. Then I can blame it all on Mitt.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Sounds like something I would do.

I remember turning in time cards for employees when they got hurt on the job so it would not show up.

Seriously, it's none of the governments business anyway.

brown_trousers

Not that I support lying or even support UPS management at all. But this isn't fraud at all, unless he claims it as disability.

For it to be fraud, he would have to be receiving compensation resulting from the alleged dishonesty.

-If he claims it as disability, but it was actually a workplace injury, he would be fraudulently receiving money from disability that should have been paid by workers comp

-if he claims it as workers comp, but the injury actually occurred at home, he would be frauduently receiving money from workers comp that should have been paid by disability.

-if he lies about the injury, but does not claim workers comp or disability..... he may be a lying basterd, but still hasn't defrauded anyone.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

Is it fraud at all?

Thoughts?

Sincerely,
I
Integrity, you should have approached this Manager and "council" him on his/her rights as an employee of ups...he shouldnt feel pressured to not turn in an injury...or face repercussions by a superior. Now being squeezed into giving to United Way...thats another story.

menotyou

bella amicizia
It's as bad as lying about being injured at work. Fraud, no. Lying, yes. But, I have come to expect nothing more from a sup. All the good ones are going or have gone.

Johney

Not that I support lying or even support UPS management at all. But this isn't fraud at all, unless he claims it as disability.

For it to be fraud, he would have to be receiving compensation resulting from the alleged dishonesty.

-If he claims it as disability, but it was actually a workplace injury, he would be fraudulently receiving money from disability that should have been paid by workers comp

-if he claims it as workers comp, but the injury actually occurred at home, he would be frauduently receiving money from workers comp that should have been paid by disability.

-if he lies about the injury, but does not claim workers comp or disability..... he may be a lying basterd, but still hasn't defrauded anyone.
Who paid for the hospital bill??? Most likely his personal health insurance right? How do you think they feel about it? W/C surely doesn't want to pay for an injury you did at home, so why should his personal medical insurance pay for an injury he did at work? I'd like to know what he stated on the hospital form as to how he was injured. That will tell you if it's fraud or not.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Who paid for the hospital bill??? Most likely his personal health insurance right? How do you think they feel about it? W/C surely doesn't want to pay for an injury you did at home, so why should his personal medical insurance pay for an injury he did at work? I'd like to know what he stated on the hospital form as to how he was injured. That will tell you if it's fraud or not.
He, most certainly, committed insurance fraud, but not comp fraud.