stops per car

SmithBarney

Tell me something

Those of you who do 150+ per day, how do you do it?? Here in the UK the average is 70-80dels as a maximum with the city centre routes maybe doing 100-120 when real busy.

Quick answer my 160DEL 20-30PUP route went as follows

Del Businesses up one side of main(resis's if I had them one block east) and back down
the other side about 80 stops by 2pm(@ ~18SPHR) head up west side resis get most done by 4pm(@30-35SPHR) when pups start get them done by 6 then knock off any resi's left.

It was a sweet route... too bad it was a training route cause I would have bid it... the work was hard, but if you pulled it off you could finish under 8 and and skip the lunch rule.. ;)(at the time)

brownbs

Here in Melville building in the Huntington center our routes are up on average 20 to 30 stops. On any given night we have 30 plus drivers punching out between 8 and 945 at night.And lets not forget the daily layoff list that gets posted everynight at 5:30. Or the fact that any given day we have supervisors pullin loads and doing offroutes.

feederdriver06

former monkey slave
We had the Division Manager give us a rah rah speech today.
Let's see, went something like 'since pieces are down and stops take less time everyone can expect more stops on their car to make up the missing revenue. If you don't like it people in Michigan will be happy to take your job. As an additional note, we expect a fair days work for a fair days pay, so OA's will no longer be allowed'.
Really got us fired up.
1 - This all cements what I have been preaching for years and that is : Package car is not worth being involved in and no amount of money could make it worth being involved in and

2 - the company has been getting more than a fair days work out of package car drivers for years now. Your division manager is a huge piece of _ _ _ _ for giving you that speech. I sure hope none of your drivers bought that line.

3 - when the pieces eventually come back do you think the stop counts will go down? Anyone that does is smoking crack or is tripping on LSD.

Jim Kemp

when the pieces eventually come back do you think the stop counts will go down? Anyone that does is smoking crack or is tripping on LSD.
[/QUOTE]

Not a chance in hell they will ever go down. Greed is like a bad drug to mgt.. The more you have the more you want and you will do anything to get it.

sano

when the pieces eventually come back do you think the stop counts will go down? Anyone that does is smoking crack or is tripping on LSD.

Not a chance in hell they will ever go down. Greed is like a bad drug to mgt.. The more you have the more you want and you will do anything to get it.[/QUOTE]
Isn't it management job to try to make the company as profitable as possible? We may disagree with management on where the line is, but we would all agree that their job is to push productivity as far as they can without service becoming an issue.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
We are well beyond service becoming an issue. Our only constant is inconsistency. We specialize in the 6 hour delivery window. You also can opt for the delivery after your pick up is already gone, no extra charge. The deliver at 1 minute before you close is also a popular option.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Isn't it management job to try to make the company as profitable as possible? We may disagree with management on where the line is, but we would all agree that their job is to push productivity as far as they can without service becoming an issue.
Sano, Monsters right. Service has gone right out the window in the attempt to make a profit and keep the shareholders happy.

We have sups telling drivers to sheet misloads as will calls. This is not service. I have been told to sheet businesss as clo after their posted close time (misload again). I refused to. They did not push the issue on it and if they had I would have documented it. I won't help the company get away with these tactics. It puts my job at risk. But there are many that do.