Stops per car.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hey,as long as you can stand up to your sup when they ask you what's going on all the more power to you...the phrase " work as directed" has just been used much more the last couple years than ever before...

...and I have heard those words many times but for the most part if you do your job the way that you were taught and take care of the customer our mgt team doesn't hassle us over every little thing...

Hit a mailbox and don't tell anyone----they will hassle us over something like this.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Here is a new one that goes along with "stops per car". Center supervisor said the center manager told her he wanted every driver dispatched over 8 but under 9.5. but still go by stops per car. Since stops per car mandates that all drivers be dispatched at 10.5 or 12 hours just how is she supposed to accomplish this feat? Not gonna happen. Impossible.

But there is one way that this could work. We still have a driver sort and load. Cut that out and she would be right in there. However that would put us on road about 11: 45 since feeders show up at 8:15 and you have to guarantee a preload 3.5 hours. That is the ticket. Just insure you make you commit times for the air.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Here is a new one that goes along with "stops per car". Center supervisor said the center manager told her he wanted every driver dispatched over 8 but under 9.5. but still go by stops per car. Since stops per car mandates that all drivers be dispatched at 10.5 or 12 hours just how is she supposed to accomplish this feat? Not gonna happen. Impossible.

Impossible yet our center does it each and every day.

Who told you that SPC mandates a 10.5-12 hour dispatch?

govols019

You smell that?
Simple math says that.

If the stops per car number is set too high for reality then the planned days go through the roof.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Impossible yet our center does it each and every day.

Who told you that SPC mandates a 10.5-12 hour dispatch?

It does when you have a driver sort and load. That adds 2 hrs to your planned day. Hence when you have an 8.5 or 10 hr dispatch and then add the sort and load, you are working on the clock for 10.5 or 12.

Walk the line

With all the BS we have to go through with Walmart, they should wait for their ground delivey. Most of them are first stops at our center too. But Vision, Rx, Portrait studio and what other shops are there all seem to have different open/lunch/closed hours.

OCRookie

Simple math says that.

If the stops per car number is set too high for reality then the planned days go through the roof.

I am not sure where you are getting this information. Our center hits SPC every single day and GTS planned day for the center runs around 9.10.

I am sure there is variability from division to division as there would be different IE teams but from my experience hitting stops per car does not mean 11 hour dispatches.

Buck Fifty

Not if they are for the same stop.

I get 8-12 NDA stops and am usually able to run trace on these stops as well as a few ground stops along the way. My first stop is Walmart--there is no way I am going to deliver just the air and then go back for the ground as it is very hard to get an open dock there.

As long as you have the last air stop in the DIAD and not in prerecord before 1030 you will not have lates.

You are correct, you will not have lates, but if you sheet before you get to stop, they will know, and they will fire you. Had 3 fired last year for it. 1 out 7 months, 1 out a month, 1 out 2 weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
No he's not with the gps now you must scan your air at the stop otherwise it can be considered falsifying records. Not only do I know of people that have been fired I know of ones that the firing has stuck. It's better just to have the late air.

Where in my response did I say ANYTHING about scanning it before being at the address where it is intended to be delivered? Nowhere.

If you sheet it Off area to avoid the late, leave it live stopped and deliver it at 10:37, then yes, that is falsifying and will get you canned. But if you are at the physical address, and scan 12NDA at 1029 and then scan 40 gnd's, then all is well

Packmule

In our building they have been backing off the start time over the years to where it is almost impossible to deliver both air and ground without running out of time. That still doesn't seem to have stopped them from adding 10 to 20 stops per car out here.

Indecisi0n

In our building they have been backing off the start time over the years to where it is almost impossible to deliver both air and ground without running out of time. That still doesn't seem to have stopped them from adding 10 to 20 stops per car out here.

So then just do what i do. I no longer del gnd and air together. No wasted time looking for gnd packages so i never have late air.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Many days I do not have time to load my package car from the TP60 because of the amount of air and the commit times. Just take the air and go deliver, put on 30+ miles then go back and finish loading. I don't have the option of digging through the trailer looking for any ground packages.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
So instead you have wasted time driving back to a stop(s) that you have already been to.

I always hate going back to deliver ground an hour or so after running airs, makes me look incompetent. So, whenever possible I'll run and & ground together. If I think I'll have late airs, then I run straight air. I'd rather look incompetent than be fired for having late airs or falsifying.

Walk the line

Not if they are for the same stop.

I get 8-12 NDA stops and am usually able to run trace on these stops as well as a few ground stops along the way. My first stop is Walmart--there is no way I am going to deliver just the air and then go back for the ground as it is very hard to get an open dock there.

As long as you have the last air stop in the DIAD and not in prerecord before 1030 you will not have lates.

That's Strange. I just had a delivery on Wed. where my NDA and ground were both given differnt PAL numbers. GND got FL1, all the air got 10--. Same stop, delivery point and person signing for the pkgs?