Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by camtrix, Sep 15, 2012.

1. camtrix

camtrix New Member

Hi from uk my fellow brown boys & girls
    can someone advise me please
    if you deliver to a department store 1 back door only and there where say 3 or more shops in that store
    would this be classed as 1 stop or 3 or more stops as needed
    any thoughts please
  2. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

Every individual business is another stop, as far as I am concerned.
  3. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Very proud grandfather.

If you are making one delivery for all 3 stores then it would be one stop. You would sheet the first stop, put it in prerecord, sheet the second....until all 3 stops are in prerecord. To complete the stop, hit prerecord, designate the first stop as LC and the next two as DC, signature, clarify, left at location.

Taking a separate stop for each store would be padding stops unless you are physically delivering to each of the shops separately.
  4. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

I assumed it was to three different stores. Would you say Walmart Vision is a separate stop? It is inside Walmart, yet you have to deliver to a separate delivery point.
  5. UpstateNYUPSer

All of the stops that I deliver inside of Walmart are separate stops. Friday I had 6 stops for Walmart.
  6. camtrix

camtrix New Member

So what if the same guy signs for all the different shops
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Shouldn't use prerecord. Go to each store, sheet packages when you get there and complete each stop as their own.
  8. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

Which still shows as 3 stops. What's the difference?
  9. brownmonster

brownmonster Man of Great Wisdom

Does the guy in back do the receiving every day for this mall? Do the shops have the same address? If so, one stop, one signature.
  10. UpstateNYUPSer

Not it doesn't. LC is left at commercial and DC is duplicate commercial. In his example, you would LC the first stop and DC the other two, getting credit for just one delivery stop.
  11. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

One stop.
  12. Jackburton

Jackburton Gone Fish'n

Ask your management to train you properly and inform you on how they want it done. Make sure you are very clear that this is how you will be doing it and record the name, time, and date of the conversation. It would be preferable to have the center manager involved in the conversation along with another union member alongside.
  13. Anonymous 10

Anonymous 10 Guest

I would ask your management what they would instruct you to do and pay this message board no mind.

Ps I love Newcastle Brown Ale
  14. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

In your scenario IE walmart vision, hair salon, pharmacy etc are all sheeted separately as 9 - inside del.
  15. dilligaf

dilligaf IN VINO VERITAS

But it's one signature and it shows that all 3 stops were signed for by one person.
  16. menotyou

menotyou bella amicizia

That's what I think. If you deliver everything to one delivery point, and one guy signs, it's one stop.
  17. kingOFchester

kingOFchester Well-Known Member

I concur.