Strange Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Try adding just an A or B at the end of the address. EX. 435A Main St. or 435B Main St. Would be easier to understand the house could be a duplex instead of an apartment building.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

JACK***!!! You wonder WHY UPS loses customers! If I were one of your driving co-workers and I received a text message request to help you out at the end of a 10 hour day in the snow, etc, I wouldn't do it. If it were an order....d*mn, I'd be one peeved driver! :biting::biting:. -Rocky

untitled.JPG

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
Ok so it sounds like this should work as long as my driver is familiar with the area / me. Thanks for your suggestions.

Apart from adding 1/2 to my address; What would be the best random word to add to the end of my address out of apartment, suite, unit, building, floor, etc?

I originally chose Apt # because it was the first thing that came to mind but if you think adding apt # might cause a bit too much confusion then let me know which word to add that would cause less confusion.

If you have the same driver he/she should be familiar with you and your horrible 100 piece shipments, so I don't see where there would be a problem on the delivery side. I get stuff all the time with screwy addresses and, if I know for sure where it's supposed to go, I deliver it.

Of course from our view we don't care what you use as long as we can find you and get rid of the packages, but it could also be illegal for you to deliberately alter your address, and if this company picks up on it, they may have something to say about it. Don't forget people attempt to have drugs and other illegal items shipped to false addresses every day, I bet there are laws against it. :devil3:

stealth8

Sounds like one of those game console resales people are doing out of their homes. I have a customer who was purchasing Nintendo WEE systems to the point of getting 25-30 at a time. The shipper finally cut him off. Never did find out why. Thought it was strange.

rod

Retired 22 years
How big of a UPS center are you dealing with? Does your local center have a "Will Call" system? (i.e. pick your stuff up at the UPS center)? At my old little center the sorters all knew who was on the permanent Will Call list. We also had a dozen or so customers that would just have their stuff addressed - Joe Blow - hold at UPS center for pickup. They would show up everyday about a half hour before the sort was over and stand around and bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: with the guys until they had claimed all their packages for the day. Avon ladies were notorious for being impatient for their stuff and picking it up instead of waiting for home delivery.:punk:

PassYouBy

Unknown Acrobat
How big of a UPS center are you dealing with? Does your local center have a "Will Call" system? (i.e. pick your stuff up at the UPS center)? At my old little center the sorters all knew who was on the permanent Will Call list. We also had a dozen or so customers that would just have their stuff addressed - Joe Blow - hold at UPS center for pickup. They would show up everyday about a half hour before the sort was over and stand around and bull:censored2::censored2::censored2::censored2: with the guys until they had claimed all their packages for the day. Avon ladies were notorious for being impatient for their stuff and picking it up instead of waiting for home delivery.:punk:

I think this would be your best bet... Keeps you out of "Trouble" and helps the driver out too!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
yes, PM me the product, I work there so they wont cut me off, Ill list them and we will split the profit:happy2:Other than that Im of no help.:whiteflag:

How would a UPS driver react to the following address:

Real Address: 666 Oak Street
Altered Address: 666 Oak Street 105
Or: 666 Oak Street #105

The number at the end is a random number. Imagine having many packages all with the same name and address, except at the end of each address there was a random number.

As a driver what would you do?

Last edited:

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
so nonemployee... what you're asking us is to give you the forumla for how to forge or create a fraudulent address?

Not happening my friend...

Status
Not open for further replies.