Strange twist to on going qualifying issue

BUCN85

Long story short I have been training in another center that is not my home center for about 15 days. (My center didn't have many drivers off their center had too many off)That center no longer needs me. I'm being brought back to my home center to finish my 30 days. Isn't this an automatic qualification?

"This is called the pre-LOAD not the pre-STACK"

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is not an automatic qualification.

I would think if they are comfortable enough to send you to another center that you should have no problem qualifying.

BUCN85

It is not an automatic qualification.

I would think if they are comfortable enough to send you to another center that you should have no problem qualifying.
So this isn't what they call "buying" a driver. Switching routes mid training ?

BUCN85

It is.... in the Central Region.

-Bug-
Where in the contract language is this stated. I just looked at the central region and ohio supplement and couldnt find anything regarding route change while qualifying.

Last edited:

BUCN85

Just looking for the language in the contract that states this is auto qualify

PT Car Washer

I don't believe there is language for you to auto qualify, but would give your BA ammunition to protest your disqualifying. Make the company extend or start over your qualifying period.

BUCN85

I don't think that rule is in the contract. Its more of a past practice issue.
I gotcha. I'm pretty sure a recent driver was on his training route and then an emergency came up and he was used on another route and this qualified him automatically. So I'm assuming the fact I have been switched from one center to another 15 days in this would qualify me automatic. I know I am getting another 15 days

BUCN85

I don't think that rule is in the contract. Its more of a past practice issue.
I asked my BA about this today and he said he hasnt heard of this. But another driver told me today it's an auto qualify. After my ride along to be shown the route I'll only have 13 days to run the 5 scratch days

barnyard

KTM rider
I also qualified in 2 different centers. Started in one center, 3 weeks later moved back to my home center. In the 1st center, they were very, very short on drivers and I had a basic core area I delivered in the 1st 4 sections, the last 4 sections were different pretty much every day. This was years before EDD/PAS.

To me, you sound like a whiner that may not qualify and is looking for the easy way in. Maybe quit whining, put your head down and get the job done.