Stranger At Customer Home Steals Packages - Blames UPS

Would you have done the same as this driver/helper ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Merry Xmas !!!!!!!

Came across this video on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...kg-ups-driver-leaves-pkg-with-thief.kcpq.html

I can't believe this fame whore ran to CNN and wants to blame UPS for this. I have to assume this isn't his regular January-November driver because it would be tough to remember the people at every house during peak. The driver (helper?) followed policy and is being made to seem unprofessional.

I have my own route, so I'm pretty sure I might recognize if there was something off about the guy. I would have made him open the door, which is what I've done a few times at seedier low-income apartments. It's tough to say but I would have done the same thing if I delivered to a new neighborhood.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I mean what the hell does he expect a driver to do?

Many nice homes have contractors there working fairly often. I'm not a detective I'm not trained to know what people look suspicious. I would have done the same thing. Hell I probably would have handed him the packages.

The only thing I've ever done a few times is ask someone their address or their name.

bumped

I would have left the packages also. Its a nice house with a 3 car garage, large driveway, and looks like a nice big yard to the left. Who would think a "thief" would be sitting on the front stoop.

Merry Xmas !!!!!!!

Came across this video on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...kg-ups-driver-leaves-pkg-with-thief.kcpq.html

I can't believe this fame whore ran to CNN and wants to blame UPS for this. I have to assume this isn't his regular January-November driver because it would be tough to remember the people at every house during peak. The driver (helper?) followed policy and is being made to seem unprofessional.

I have my own route, so I'm pretty sure I might recognize if there was something off about the guy. I would have made him open the door, which is what I've done a few times at seedier low-income apartments. It's tough to say but I would have done the same thing if I delivered to a new neighborhood.
How about the ups driver rings the bell leaves the woman comes to the door and the man forces his way in. That guy is a typical armchair quarterback maroon.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What an imbecile. Not once in that video did he seem to place any blame on the thug just hanging around on his porch.

TUT

Dude needs to sit down and either fawget about it or think deeper. He says he wishes the driver rang the bell so wife, so wife what confronts a thief? Yeah that's a good idea. It is just one of those things, it's theft, that is the problem, nothing else. Who made who? The thief made who, everything else happens because of a thief's action, it starts and ends with the thief. This stuff can happen, buyer is protected, get it replaced, be thankful something worse didn't happen. People just have a hard time understanding the scope of all of this.

UPS WORKHORSE

The theif was probably getting ready to ransack his house, but 2 free packages probably satisfied his thirst. Guy is lucky the dude didn't go in and rape his wife and make off with his jersey. He should thank the driver.

clean hairy

Coulda been the Hoeowners Son who was just getting home and saw the truck pull up and waited for the Driver.
The Driver has no way of knowing.
If this Homeowner is outside cutting the grass, the Driver might think the guy looks supicious and keep going?
Then, the Driver is in trouble.
One of those "whatever you do it is wrong" scenarios.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Merry Christmas sir.

Yeah, it's a tough one. The person appeared to be a full grown adult but had a backpack on so that was sketchy. The neighborhood looked nice though so I would have probably released it if no one was there. I wouldn't have set packages down and slid them up against the house with someone sitting there though. I would have probably just handed them to the person and said Merry Christmas if they appeared to live there or asked them where they wanted them. If the person looked sketchy and I hadn't seen them before I might have rang the bell/knocked, but in the driver's defense the guy said he lived there.

Kicked Your Dog

25 Year UPSer/SoCal Feeder
I'm aghast! That UPSer should have gave the packages to the dude when he was still at the end of the driveway. He could have saved some steps and made an extra stop with the time.

browntroll

so his wife was home and didnt see the thief trying to break in? they get lucky the thief only stole the packages which could have ended alot worse.
so the focus isnt on the thief stealing the packages, or what could have happened to his wife but what the driver didnt do wrong. i dont live in a nice
house but if i did and had security cameras i would make sure i see and find out whos walking in my driveway like i do now.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
The driver should have DNA tested the guy on the porch in addition to using the retinal scan feature on the new diad update. He should have also gotten a signed signed statement witnessed by a notary and a lawyer that it was okay to leave the package.

oldngray

nowhere special
If the driver had been rude and gone to back porch to DR so it was out of sight that thief would have just followed him and stolen the package anyway (while the clueless woman was inside the house).

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

If the driver followed the old ups policy he would have asked for a signature and clarification,then when the last name didn't match he could have asked the guy who signed what the last name of the homeowner is and if he didn't know......info note........but the driver did nothing wrong according to ups driver release policy