Stranger At Customer Home Steals Packages - Blames UPS

Would you have done the same as this driver/helper ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UPS4Life

Could you imagine what would of happened if this was the 24th and the upser wouldn't give the package to the person outside who really did live there and left. It's a lose lose situation. I'm not a package car driver but I would have done the same thing. There has been plenty of times where I get home and my ups guy shows up and I meet him outside he hands it off and says cya! I rarely order online so it's not like I know him.

Sent using BrownCafe App

ArcherUTR

The dude looked sketchy and homeless. Anyone walking about, should have asked him what name was on the package.

Deal with it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Was the thief black?

Question him or demand to see ID...you are a racist and you wind up on YouTube or the news being accused of membership in the KKK.

Take him at his word....and you are negligent for leaving it with someone you "should have" questioned further.

Lose/lose scenario. The driver did what I have done many thousands of times...which is to trust someone. The homeowner was a victim of theft. Call the insurance company, call the cops, file a claim. But don't blame someone who was just doing their job.

ArcherUTR

Easy convo to have with anyone pulling up to a residence or walking about.

"Are you the resident? What is the name on the package? Are there any other names here?"

"Can you open the door for me?"

"Thank you, please sign here"

Consumes about 10 seconds of my time.

ArcherUTR

In addition, why would a sensible person not try to gain the instant time allowance for an obtained signature, nor the additional surety of a signed for package when the person is right in front of you?

bumped

In addition, why would a sensible person not try to gain the instant time allowance for an obtained signature, nor the additional surety of a signed for package when the person is right in front of you?

Because some of use don't give a crap about allowances.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
If you don't normally deliver that area and you walk up to the house and see someone sitting on the porch, you are going to hand him the package. While you are walking back to the truck, you are going to be muttering to yourself that lazy SOB didn't meet you at the end of the driveway.

ArcherUTR

The homeless person was walking up to the house as the driver pulled up.

For Crist sakes he has stuff slung to his backpack in the state of Washington.

clean hairy

The Drivers are not being paid to play Detective Columbo and decide if a person at an address should or should not be given the item.
Their job is to deliver the item to the proper address which this Driver did.
Could you see the complaints if the Homeowner pulled up and the Driver is playing 20 questions to make sure the person at that address is desrving of the shipment?

clean hairy

What is next?
A Burglar is in a house, sees UPS pull up, and answers the door.
The Driver gives the person answering the door (lets say) a new big screen TV and goes on their way.
Home Owner gets home, sees they have been Burglarized, plays the security video showing UPS giving the big screen TV to a Burglar.
The Home Owner then goes to the Media complaining UPS should have known the person was a Burglar and should not have given the Burglar the TV?
Where does the insanity/ stupidity end?

ManInBrown

Idiot HomeOwner. Why in the world would we ring a DoorBell when a person on the porch says they are the Homeowner? This guy wouldn't last 3 hours as a Service Provider

I'm not paid to be a Detective. Had the homeless guy been standing at the end of the driveway I would have asked for ID, or asked him to go up to house and open front door.. Not when he's sitting on the porch.

Whatbrownwontdoforyou

In our center it used to be that way.....but now even if we see the customer at front door its mcm or mcw.......we were told its ups policy not to get signatures at resi addresses

JL 0513

Was the thief black?

Question him or demand to see ID...you are a racist and you wind up on YouTube or the news being accused of membership in the KKK.

Yup. Isn't asking for ID a package receiver tax? (reference to the ridiculous notion that voter IDs are a poll tax for minorities who are apparently incapable of obtaining a free ID)..

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Get real. A man steals from you while your wife is alone at home and you blame someone else instead of taking a hard look at yourself. Loser and a sucker.

ManInBrown

Get real. A man steals from you while your wife is alone at home and you blame someone else instead of taking a hard look at yourself. Loser and a sucker.

Exactly. And on top of that he wanted the Service provider to ring the bell. So his wife could answer the door...and be confronted by a homeless stranger standing there. SMH.