Stranger At Customer Home Steals Packages - Blames UPS

Would you have done the same as this driver/helper ???

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I think the wife was screwing the husband's best friend and couldn't be bothered to look at the monitor.

rod

Retired 22 years
I think the wife was screwing the husband's best friend and couldn't be bothered to look at the monitor.

I think she was screwing the guy sitting on the front porch and he had just stopped on his way out to tie his shoes.

UPSGUY72

Full of it?

So are you saying that I'm lying that we were told that in our center?

Pretty strange thing to lie about.

What you says is company procedure. The package or address doesn't need to be sig req for you to get a sig. I get sig on all electronics, packages I feel are expensive and address that are quedtionable DR location at my discretion.

Fragile

If you obtain a Sig here on a package that doesn't require one, it's called padding allowance time. It's a BIG NO NO. If you meet customer Man or Women it is MCM or MCW. Under no circumstances are we to obtain a SIG. There rules, I play by em.

Lol that's funny around here we are told exact opposite. If you see the customer get a signature because it makes your over allowed better.

oldngray

nowhere special
Lol that's funny around here we are told exact opposite. If you see the customer get a signature because it makes your over allowed better.

In my opinion UPS is stealing time from drivers if they insist everything gets DR'ed even if it is possibly unsafe. That only applies to bonus centers where drivers are skipping breaks so it cuts into their bonus though. If you take your lunch and breaks and remember you get paid by the hour it really doesn't matter. It is all just an excuse to raise stop counts since you get much less time to DR a stop.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In my opinion UPS is stealing time from drivers if they insist everything gets DR'ed even if it is possibly unsafe. That only applies to bonus centers where drivers are skipping breaks so it cuts into their bonus though. If you take your lunch and breaks and remember you get paid by the hour it really doesn't matter. It is all just an excuse to raise stop counts since you get much less time to DR a stop.

99% of the time getting a signature for a residential would be a waste of time.

oldngray

nowhere special
99% of the time getting a signature for a residential would be a waste of time.
Sometimes it would be a waste but not 99%. The whole concept of driver release is the driver evaluates the situation and releases if he believes it is safe. I delivered so some high claim areas where you could release but had to be careful. Once you learned the area and people you would know what stops might be shaky.

Sometimes it would be a waste but not 99%. The whole concept of driver release is the driver evaluates the situation and releases if he believes it is safe. I delivered so some high claim areas where you could release but had to be careful. Once you learned the area and people you would know what stops might be shaky.
Right, the driver always has the discretion of asking for a signature. I am thinking of houses with no addresses or houses that appear to be empty.

oldngray

nowhere special
Right, the driver always has the discretion of asking for a signature. I am thinking of houses with no addresses or houses that appear to be empty.

Or if you see a shady character watching you as you walk up to a house you may feel he would steal it as soon as you leave so in that situation it may be better to NI1 and bring it back to attempt the next day.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Was the thief black?

Question him or demand to see ID...you are a racist and you wind up on YouTube or the news being accused of membership in the KKK
I never thought I'd think/say/type this but on my current ghetto route, I'm reverse racist. I'm a white guy and if I see another white person in my residential area they're usually trying to score drugs, get a hooker or are committing some kind of crime. I can count my white customers on my route on one hand. My QVC queens are all nice old black women (and a couple nice older black men which I thought was a neat change of pace).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The whole concept of driver release is to maximize revenue.

Dr.Brownz

What does this have to do with someone outside the house?

Need it spelled out for you?

You drive up to a house and there is someone outside. They are used to the UPS guy just handing off the package and saying "Have a nice day". Instead "UPS driver treated me suspiciously outside my own home!!"

ArcherUTR

I've had my fair share of customer concerns, but this has never been one of them.

I guess I just have good human language skills.

ArcherUTR

Lol, true story I did this to a cop one time. I asked him for his I.D. just to be a piss ant.

But that was mainly because I could tell that he wanted me to go back to the door and bring the package to him in his patrol car.

Chilly Willie

Merry Xmas !!!!!!!

Came across this video on CNN

http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...kg-ups-driver-leaves-pkg-with-thief.kcpq.html

I can't believe this fame whore ran to CNN and wants to blame UPS for this. I have to assume this isn't his regular January-November driver because it would be tough to remember the people at every house during peak. The driver (helper?) followed policy and is being made to seem unprofessional.

I have my own route, so I'm pretty sure I might recognize if there was something off about the guy. I would have made him open the door, which is what I've done a few times at seedier low-income apartments. It's tough to say but I would have done the same thing if I delivered to a new neighborhood.
When I worked in the ghetto I used to tell people who came from inside the home."you either live here or your robbing the place. If your robbing the place I dont want to get shot... so take the package and dont forget to raid the fridge for cookies."