Strategy ideas for UPS

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by BeerLover, Jan 13, 2016.

1. BeerLover

BeerLover New Member

Hey guys! I'm in the process of an interview and required to do an assignment. I am trying to identify two innovative strategic priorities over the next 5 years for UPS, and outline possible solutions associated with these strategic priorities. Having UPS deliver on Sundays would be a good example. I would like to hear what ideas you guys may have. Thanks!

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

So your plan is to come on the internet and ask people for ideas so that you don't have to do your own job?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  3. BeerLover

BeerLover New Member

I already have 2 ideas in mind (Sunday deliveries and improve customer service). I'm just trying to get some more insights aside from my own. Further research on the ideas will be done by me

4. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

Improve customer service? Kind of vauge isn't it?

5. NXA

NXA Active Member

Shorter shorts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. BeerLover

BeerLover New Member

Having UPS tracking system sync with existing systems clients are currently using is a great idea. This would allow new businesses to easily enroll with UPS if they currently aren't. Thanks for your insight

7. scooby0048

scooby0048 This page left intentionally blank

WAIT....WUT???????? Are you a management candidate having to do an "assignment"?

8. Dr.Brownz

Dr.Brownz Well-Known Member

To improve service you need to have work loads reduced.
    The big wigs will never go for that becauase it will cut into the record breaking profits ups is making.

Sunday dels: do you know about dot regulations

Good luck trying to change the world

9. scooby0048

How about 4 10's starting Wednesdays and 4 10's starting on Saturdays. I'd jump on that bandwagon.

10. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

Wouldn't be a bad set up. I like the idea of Saturday ground. But implementation would be extremely difficult. Plus I doubt the current contract would allow it to be done profitably.

11. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt You can call me Chappy Staff Member

Not strategic!

12. BeerLover

BeerLover New Member

This is actually for an entry level position. The managers just want to see what innovative ideas the candidates have aside from what UPS is already doing

13. 11HourRequest

11HourRequest Active Member

Improve customer service by making UPS good

14. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

Merge with Fed Ex.

15. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Guest

It's called having other more creative people do your work for you

16. scooby0048

Well then F* it! You want strategic, here's one for you. Install missile batteries at every hub aimed at the manager's office and at the package cars. First time a driver is harassed, fire a missile at the manager's office. First time a driver...well nevermind, the supes would be nuked way before so there would be no one to catch a driver doing something wrong.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. jaker

jaker trolling

But what would they call it

18. scooby0048

Don't even...

19. NXA

NXA Active Member

20. jaker

jaker trolling

Don't even what