Street Maps

barnyard

KTM rider
Once your in area it's not hard to remember what streets ya working on

Rural areas can be a bit trickier. You need to remember what roads dead end, which connect to the next county and what the road is when you cross the county line.

I have delivery notice pads that I use for 4 specific routes in my center. They have notes for that specific route and what the road changes are at the country line. Most times, I don't need the map, just the notes.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Map2.jpg

scisector9

If your center has ORION you can use the ORION computers to print off maps. It will waste a lot of paper but as a cover guy I have zoomed in on maps for certain area I don't know or haven't seen before. Guess that's one positive of the technology.

fres431

Just take the Orion board..it makes life easier too bad they 3k a pop would simplify floaters life

Sent using BrownCafe App

JL 0513

As with so many things, Amazon is the place to go. Ran into the same problem a few months ago when I was searching for a new map book. Checked numerous gas stations and other stores and no one sells maps anymore because everyone has GPS. Found it easily on Amazon.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Whats this 1960 lol. Just use your cell phone and use the maps on there. Yes it is that simple but I know some people are electronically or technologically challenged lmfao.

brostalss

Back in the stone age, I used Thomas Bros. CD. Printed out pages of routes and then laminated them. Clipped them on the visor, for easy reference.

Have a nice day.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
As with so many things, Amazon is the place to go. Ran into the same problem a few months ago when I was searching for a new map book. Checked numerous gas stations and other stores and no one sells maps anymore because everyone has GPS. Found it easily on Amazon.
Never bought a map. If I was sent out in the blind I asked my sup for a map. The standard reply was we do not have any. He expected me to have one.

I told him that I would drive around until I found a street that I had a package for and then continue driving until I ran into another street with a package for it.

I always ended up being given a map from my sup before I left. Imagine that.

Sent using BrownCafe App

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

There are times when I am given an add/cut or asked to help out another driver in an area that I am not familiar with. Our center has one map book that is kept in the office and our OMS will make copies of the page(s) that I need.

You new guys should be thankful that you don't have to deal with RD and RR numbers.

unnormaldude68

Never bought a map. If I was sent out in the blind I asked my sup for a map. The standard reply was we do not have any. He expected me to have one.

I told him that I would drive around until I found a street that I had a package for and then continue driving until I ran into another street with a package for it.

I always ended up being given a map from my sup before I left. Imagine that.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Yes that might work, but not while I'm in this training situation trying to make book.

keeb86

I remember when you had no use for a smart phone.
The google maps app in my phone is far superior to any book map.
I just use my iPhone for finding all my stops. It's so much easier than using the map book only because the cuts you get make you bounce between up to 4 cities all day. Keep a $20 portable battery charger with me, and my beat up kings map book as a backup incase all technology fails...

Sent using BrownCafe App