stress free

JL 0513

Money fights and money problems are the number one reason for divorce, I'd call that one reason to make more money.

Yup. I've struggled for a lot of years, and still am as I'm still a new driver, always working 60 hours a week and still not able to pay bills comfortably. I still work a 2nd job on the weekends. Money has caused tons of fights. Not to broadly describe women and money, but it seems most of them over react when there's not enough money. No matter how much I work, I get the brunt of her money stress placed on me. That's why I'm so eager to get to top rate so that part of my life will settle down.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Yup. I've struggled for a lot of years, and still am as I'm still a new driver, always working 60 hours a week and still not able to pay bills comfortably. I still work a 2nd job on the weekends. Money has caused tons of fights. Not to broadly describe women and money, but it seems most of them over react when there's not enough money. No matter how much I work, I get the brunt of her money stress placed on me. That's why I'm so eager to get to top rate so that part of my life will settle down.

Hate to be the harbinger of continued​ money issues ... that's probably not going to change.

JL 0513

Not saying it's constant, but I think like most couples, it is a common issue. I just think it helps when you are actually able to pay your bills. Unless of course you make a lot of money and are stupid enough to over extend yourself even then.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Do yourself a favor have a joint account for bills and get your UPS check deposited into your own account with 1 debit card, that's right for yourself playa. Be smart not dumb. She cant have what she cant get to lol.

UPSGUY72

Quitting UPS has been the best move i've done. I make more money than preloading while doing 1/5 of the physical effort. since leaving, I've felt less stressed & not like a zombie anymore.

Thanks,
Loyal Teamster
:love-very:

Once a quitter always a quitter. I hope you job a Mc Donald's pans out for you. I will retire when I leave UPS be it tomorrow of in 20 years.

Inthegame

Do yourself a favor have a joint account for bills and get your UPS check deposited into your own account with 1 debit card, that's right for yourself playa. Be smart not dumb. She cant have what she cant get to lol.
...or eliminate every word of that response after "joint".

RitchieDavies

Trollkiller
Ha, making more money will solve nothing. If you're bearing the brunt of her money problems then you need to draw some boundaries, or better yet, get yourself a new girl. A lot of you guys talk about your wives or girlfriends bleeding you dry, but whose fault is that? Some people are only victims because they allow themselves to be. It's your money: man up. And if your relationship is worth anything, you don't need to get married. What are you trying to prove?

I know some fools like to talk about relationships being 50-50, but let's face it: they're not. Some people, typically women, take a lot more. So you gotta ask yourself; is your relationship real or a deal? The only time you should pay for puss is if it's a one night thing. Anymore than that will bleed you dry. 'nuff said.

JL 0513

Ha, making more money will solve nothing. If you're bearing the brunt of her money problems then you need to draw some boundaries, or better yet, get yourself a new girl. A lot of you guys talk about your wives or girlfriends bleeding you dry, but whose fault is that? Some people are only victims because they allow themselves to be. It's your money: man up. And if your relationship is worth anything, you don't need to get married. What are you trying to prove?

I know some fools like to talk about relationships being 50-50, but let's face it: they're not. Some people, typically women, take a lot more. So you gotta ask yourself; is your relationship real or a deal? The only time you should pay for puss is if it's a one night thing. Anymore than that will bleed you dry. 'nuff said.

Never said the wife is a big spender. In fact she buys very little. I'm talking about when money is tight just for the basics, it tends to stress women out in a way that gets them really upset and that anger falls on the guy. That's all. They need to know everything is going to be OK. They need to feel supported.

B

bowflex

Top pay at UPS is NOT a lot of money. What world do you guys live in? My mortgage is over 3000 a month not including utilities. I lost my job a few years back when the housing industry pretty much shut down. I was making 120k a year and living a conformable life but by no means loaded. I don't have kids and my GF that was living with me made 60k and helped out with the bills. I just started with UPS as seasonal driver and all I hear about is how good the money is at top pay. Its definitely enough to live a comfortable life but working from 9 to 9 daily doesn't give you much time to live. My younger brother makes 450k a year and my sister 140k. my mom makes around 145K. I guess being around people with money gives me a different perspective. UPS money is def better than no money so I show up everyday until something better comes along. The only reason i haven't quit has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with my Sup trying to get me to quit. Its a challenge for me to come in everyday under time just to see the look on his face. The only problem is no matter how good my time is I sill have to hear about my high idle time or not calling in a missload on time. Congrats to the OP in finding a stress free job. I had one for 10 years and I am sure I will find one again, until then I will lose another 20lbs running my butt off.

jaker

trolling
Top pay at UPS is NOT a lot of money. What world do you guys live in? My mortgage is over 3000 a month not including utilities. I lost my job a few years back when the housing industry pretty much shut down. I was making 120k a year and living a conformable life but by no means loaded. I don't have kids and my GF that was living with me made 60k and helped out with the bills. I just started with UPS as seasonal driver and all I hear about is how good the money is at top pay. Its definitely enough to live a comfortable life but working from 9 to 9 daily doesn't give you much time to live. My younger brother makes 450k a year and my sister 140k. my mom makes around 145K. I guess being around people with money gives me a different perspective. UPS money is def better than no money so I show up everyday until something better comes along. The only reason i haven't quit has nothing to do with the money and everything to do with my Sup trying to get me to quit. Its a challenge for me to come in everyday under time just to see the look on his face. The only problem is no matter how good my time is I sill have to hear about my high idle time or not calling in a missload on time. Congrats to the OP in finding a stress free job. I had one for 10 years and I am sure I will find one again, until then I will lose another 20lbs running my butt off.
Ok I guess I would have to call you spoil middle age man , I grew up poor my mom ( just my mom ) made 35k a year and she kept food a roof over our heads

so the value of money to me is a lot different then you because no way in hel would I pay 3k on a Mortage

JL 0513

Dude, you live in a completely different world from the vast majority of people. The median HOUSEHOLD income in the US is around $50K. That's all working people in the household combined.

UPS drivers are in the TOP 13% of income earners in the US. That's pretty damn good for a blue collar job that doesn't require a degree. Only 7% of Americans earn over $100K. I can't imagine what kind of home you have to have a $3000 mortgage. That's nuts. My mortgage is $1145 and it's a 1900 sq/ft 5 bedroom home. I assume you're living in one of the most affluent areas in the country?

36% of individuals make $25-50K a year.
35% of individuals make less than $25K a year. Try living off that!