Stress in the Workplace Takes Its Toll

Feeders101

Just got a phone call from a friend of the family. They want to keep this private and just family at the funeral. We took donations to send flowers, but I don't know if we can even do that. She wants nothing to do with UPS. I'll let our friend make that call. And from what I just heard, I wouldn't be so quick to call this a suicide.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Just got a phone call from a friend of the family. They want to keep this private and just family at the funeral. We took donations to send flowers, but I don't know if we can even do that. She wants nothing to do with UPS. I'll let our friend make that call. And from what I just heard, I wouldn't be so quick to call this a suicide.

She will probably need the money more than flowers.
UPS does not take care of a management person like they use to.
She will likely get a life-insurance check for around $70,000 and a couple of boxes from his office with his personal items.
No pension until he would have been 65 and in the hundreds per month.
Hopefully she works and has health insurance there.

Feeders101

She will likely get a life-insurance check for around $70,000 and a couple of boxes from his office with his personal items.

You are probably right Hoax, that would be a better use of the money. But it's not up to me. He made it to District Manager at one time, so I'm sure he has a few shares of stock. And he has two young girls. So there's social security benefits and survival benefits. Isn't there a death benefit on your guys pension?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
You are probably right Hoax, that would be a better use of the money.

Isn't there a death benefit on your guys pension?

Not anymore ... that was another enhancement a few years back.

If he was Dist Mgr for awhile, then stock could be a saver for her.
It depends on whether he lost a lot of it in 2008 when a lot of banks made margin calls on hypo loans at $47 or less a share.

Tough situation.

Feeders101

Not anymore ... that was another enhancement a few years back.

If he was Dist Mgr for awhile, then stock could be a saver for her.
It depends on whether he lost a lot of it in 2008 when a lot of banks made margin calls on hypo loans at $47 or less a share.

Tough situation.

Yeah, my heart breaks for this family. I know a little more than I'm posting here, but not going to say anything till I confirm the information.

Johney

For a possible suicide? Not likely.