Strike 2 in Louisville

I mean your TDU spin.

Worse than what UPS was willing to charge you to maintain your benefits and still switch your provider?

Worse than what? Can you please provide the difference in the regression of language? I've read it many times but the words have not changed. The only changes to the article were improved upon.

Worse than what? Can you please provide the difference in the regression of language? I've read it many times but the words have not changed. The only changes to the article were improved upon.

This is an excerpt from our NE supplement:
While performing cover for full-time seniority drivers
part-time employees shall receive the applicable package car driver progression rate of pay as provided by Article 41 of the National Master Agreement or his/her part-time wage rate whichever is higher. Part-time employees work- ing as Temporary Cover Drivers shall accumulate progression service time credit which will move them through the progression schedule contained in Article 41. As they reach pay rate anniversaries under the progression schedule they shall receive the appropriate hourly wage rate contained in the schedule or their part-time rate if higher. Upon per- manent transfer from part-time to full-time the company shall recognize the accumulated progression service time under the Article 41 progression schedule and shall place the new full-time employee at the hourly rate provided by the progression schedule based upon their accumulated progression service time or their part-time wage rate if higher. It is understood that accumulated progression ser- vice will only be recognized for wage schedule progression purposes and not for seniority credit on the full-time seniority list.

This sounds like a great thing to me and the 1000 part timers in our building.

"Based on the increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI-W) from the third quarter of 2011 through the third quarter of 2012, Social Security and Supplemental Security Income (SSI) beneficiaries will receive a 1.7% COLA for 2013."
Based upon the information about, if a FTer is making $32.26 per hour, a 1.7% raise would be $0.55 ($0.5484 exactly). Our first raise in wage is $0.70 per hour. $0.15 above what you claim is "worse". I didn't even include the additional $1.00 per hour going into our H&W that you don't see. So apparently, to you, more means "worse"?

Yes, that's exactly what I mean. Thanks for the help in proving my point!
Excellent post. Game set match.

804brown

They have everything to do with promoting the negativity surrounding this contract. They hate the opposition because Hoffa beat Pope. It's like a battle between democrats and republicans.
Wrong, Hoffa/hall created the negativity with this contract (as well as the other two he negotiated).He is why so many members are apathetic. They see a man with so much potential power just give it all away without a fight. The members were ready for a fight, they were ready to stand up. The members are waiting for that man or woman to come along and say: ENOUGH!!
TDU does not "hate the opposition because hoffa beat Pope". This is not about hate. TDU has always been a reformist organization fighting against the Old Guard. Hoffa has always been a corporate tool protecting his corporate masters as well as old guard regimes throughout the country. Yes we pushed Pope in the last election hoping for the best just like we did for Tom L and Ron Carey before her.

Last edited:

not what i voted for

Wrong, Hoffa/hall created the negativity with this contract (as well as the other two he negotiated).He is why so many members are apathetic. They see a man with so much potential power just give it all away without a fight. The members were ready for a fight, they were ready to stand up. The members are waiting for that man or woman to come along and say: ENOUGH!!
TDU does not "hate the opposition because hoffa beat Pope". This is not about hate. TDU has always been a reformist organization fighting against the Old Guard. Hoffa has always been a corporate tool protecting his corporate masters as well as old guard regimes throughout the country. Yes we pushed Pope in the last election hoping for the best just like we did for Tom L and Ron Carey before her.
Then why are you supporting Vacation Package Car Drivers for $21.00 an hour Ron Carey would never allow it in Local 804.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It would be funny if ups started to divert volume away from Louisville. Fred is crazy and the only way to fight crazy is crazy and we all know ups will spend a million to save a buck when they think they are right.

LMAO, I never even thought about that. Good luck, Louisville!!