Strike authorization vote for 705

705red

Browncafe Steward
Today July 8th after another round of talks that lasted 30 minutes with little being accomplished it was decided to authorize a secret ballot strike vote. This is to take place July 20th from 9am to 5pm in local 705s auditorium at 1645 w jackson in chicago. This will be open to all seniority local 705 upsers to vote on.

ups79

Today July 8th after another round of talks that lasted 30 minutes with little being accomplished it was decided to authorize a secret ballot strike vote. This is to take place July 20th from 9am to 5pm in local 705s auditorium at 1645 w jackson in chicago. This will be open to all seniority local 705 upsers to vote on.

Must not have learned what a secret strike vote got the rest of the nation in 97.

tieguy

Banned

marketing script being followed to the T.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Must not have learned what a secret strike vote got the rest of the nation in 97.

Of course you must be referring to the last time starting wages for partimers were addressed.

Or the thousands of new fulltime 22.3 combo jobs that were created.

tieguy

Banned
Of course you must be referring to the last time starting wages for partimers were addressed.

Whats that red did you say carey fought to keep and screw your pension plans up? :happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Don't be scared 705!!! Be resolute!!! You have a chance to do what the rest of us failed to do and stand against a BAD CONTRACT. UPS cannot and will not tolerate (or withstand) a strike. You have the HAMMER!

tieguy

Banned
Don't be scared 705!!! Be resolute!!! You have a chance to do what the rest of us failed to do and stand against a BAD CONTRACT. UPS cannot and will not tolerate (or withstand) a strike. You have the HAMMER!

There you go!! A good old fashioned mind zombie post. Stand tall. Rah Rah rah.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Have to agree with Tie somewhat after reading this mindless crap lol. "you have a chance to do what the rest of us failed to do"....oh dear God.

ups79

And you are thinking the rest of the nation will go out after either 705 or 710 does?

tieguy

Banned
Its an interesting situation. There is a certain arrogance with these locals negotiating seperately from the national contract. The members will expect to do better then the national everytime. Yet the economy has seriously tanked since the national was negotiated. So if the chicago locals do walk what then. Do they expect the rest of the country to show unity when chicago never showed unity by being part of the national negotiations?

ogrelord

Ground Down
Its an interesting situation. There is a certain arrogance with these locals negotiating seperately from the national contract. The members will expect to do better then the national everytime. Yet the economy has seriously tanked since the national was negotiated. So if the chicago locals do walk what then. Do they expect the rest of the country to show unity when chicago never showed unity by being part of the national negotiations?

sorta like pro-sports. the league sets the min. that a player can make, while the smart ones who get agents get allot more in return. will i be upset if the 705 gets more then what i get? nope, good for the 705 and there members. will show the rest of the teamsters to wake up and ask for what they are worth. I'm sure the rest of the hourlies would rather see 705 come out on top, then the MIP bonuses go up. at this point the teamsters took there piece of the pie. we're done till 2013, but the 705 has a chance to get there foot in the door, so the rest of us can walk threw in 2013.

705red

Browncafe Steward

705 and 710 have always negotiated seperate from the national. Not only ups, freight, rails, tankers etc. Im speaking for myself here and i do not believe im any any better than any other upser across the country or the world.

Its no different than other supplements that other locals receive.

705 is big enough to negotiate seperate because its condensed in a smaller area with over 12,000 upsers. Other locals with upsers are alot smaller in comparison and have to combine in order bargain and do not have the resources or funds to do it alone. We have 4 seperate buildings each with more than 1000 members and one that has roughly 6000. Its not arrogance its the way it has been.

What i can tell you is different here now from the rest of the nation, and its contract enforcement. All we want to do is come to work and give a fair days work for a fair days pay. Now if ups would allow us to do this without violating our seniority, over dispatching 9.5 guys, not honoring 8 hour requets, not send people home for being a minute or 2 late, not firing people for filling up water bottles on the clock in hot weather, not allowing medically dq drivers to work inside, i mean the list goes on. This is what people get frustrated with and this is how the union gets members involved. We dont run around recruiting good union drivers in the workplace ups creates them!

We could have kept working in 97, we walked out to support our brothers and sisters across the nation and then held out several more days after they went back to work.

tieguy

Banned
sorta like pro-sports. the league sets the min. that a player can make, while the smart ones who get agents get allot more in return. will i be upset if the 705 gets more then what i get? nope, good for the 705 and there members. will show the rest of the teamsters to wake up and ask for what they are worth. I'm sure the rest of the hourlies would rather see 705 come out on top, then the MIP bonuses go up. at this point the teamsters took there piece of the pie. we're done till 2013, but the 705 has a chance to get there foot in the door, so the rest of us can walk threw in 2013.

Now now ogre you weren't paying attention. I didn't ask if you would be unhappy if chicago got more. I asked about the unity thing. Chicago may get a completely different contract since they are not tied into the CS mess and since the economy has tanked since the national was ratified.

The question is how does the unity thing sell when they purposely negotiate seperately from the national. Put another way they stick their nose up at unity when they negotiate outside the national but will ask for unified support if their talks stall.

The scenario is really one of them trying to have their cake and eat it too.

tieguy

Banned
705 is big enough to negotiate seperate because its condensed in a smaller area with over 12,000 upsers. Other locals with upsers are alot smaller in comparison and have to combine in order bargain and do not have the resources or funds to do it alone. We have 4 seperate buildings each with more than 1000 members and one that has roughly 6000. Its not arrogance its the way it has been.

You give reasons of needing a unified force. You have that cute little united we stand comment in your signature line yet when it comes time to negotiate you guys go after the national with the intent of doing better then the national. The way it has been is not arrogance. Letting the way it has been continue is arrogance.

What i can tell you is different here now from the rest of the nation, and its contract enforcement. All we want to do is come to work and give a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Dude don't do this. You act like everyone reading this is gullible.

Now if ups would allow us to do this without violating our seniority, over dispatching 9.5 guys, not honoring 8 hour requets, not send people home for being a minute or 2 late, not firing people for filling up water bottles on the clock in hot weather, not allowing medically dq drivers to work inside, i mean the list goes on. This is what people get frustrated with and this is how the union gets members involved. We dont run around recruiting good union drivers in the workplace ups creates them!

And if the union was not doing it for us the HR department would.

We could have kept working in 97, we walked out to support our brothers and sisters across the nation and then held out several more days after they went back to work.

Again to sweeten your own offer. You guys think your special don't you?

FromBluetoBrown

I just had a funny thought..
What if tieguy is actually a woman?

Sorry to jack this thread but I read his post and it triggered that thought

705red

Browncafe Steward
Originally Posted by 705red

You give reasons of needing a unified force. You have that cute little united we stand comment in your signature line yet when it comes time to negotiate you guys go after the national with the intent of doing better then the national. The way it has been is not arrogance. Letting the way it has been continue is arrogance.

Typically (not always) we have mirrored alot of the same language as the national. Have you seen the national contract? If our local cant out do that they should all resign! That contract is crap and will not be excepted here, call me what you will but we all deserve better than that crap.

What i can tell you is different here now from the rest of the nation, and its contract enforcement. All we want to do is come to work and give a fair days work for a fair days pay.

Dude don't do this. You act like everyone reading this is gullible.

Now if ups would allow us to do this without violating our seniority, over dispatching 9.5 guys, not honoring 8 hour requets, not send people home for being a minute or 2 late, not firing people for filling up water bottles on the clock in hot weather, not allowing medically dq drivers to work inside, i mean the list goes on. This is what people get frustrated with and this is how the union gets members involved. We dont run around recruiting good union drivers in the workplace ups creates them!

And if the union was not doing it for us the HR department would.

Once again you must have misread the post. It basically says in truck driver terms, you (management) screws the employees every chance you get driving them to the union.

Again to sweeten your own offer. You guys think your special don't you?

We feel that we can do better and whats wrong with that? We have a strong following as you will see next sunday when the count gets posted for all to see.

tieguy

Banned
Originally Posted by 705red

We feel that we can do better and whats wrong with that? We have a strong following as you will see next sunday when the count gets posted for all to see.

no doubt about it you can do better when you go after the national. All you have to do is get one extra word added somewhere and your BA can proudly proclaim that they improved on the offer the company gave everyone else. See your BA and ask him. Its in the script somewhere. You'll be preaching it as gospel in a couple of months.

705red

Browncafe Steward
no doubt about it you can do better when you go after the national. All you have to do is get one extra word added somewhere and your BA can proudly proclaim that they improved on the offer the company gave everyone else. See your BA and ask him. Its in the script somewhere. You'll be preaching it as gospel in a couple of months.
When its all said and done you know its the members that decide to strike, decide to except the contract. All the union does is give you their opinion, which the national said it was a great deal? We have had time to see the new language get addressed and the flaws in it. It should work in our advantage.

But your missing the point tie, we (ups) are in a great position now to take all that dhl residential back and a work stoppage will hurt those chances.