Strike authorization vote for 705

tieguy

Banned
When its all said and done you know its the members that decide to strike, decide to except the contract. All the union does is give you their opinion, which the national said it was a great deal? We have had time to see the new language get addressed and the flaws in it. It should work in our advantage.

But your missing the point tie, we (ups) are in a great position now to take all that dhl residential back and a work stoppage will hurt those chances.

Red,

Not missing that point , not arguing the merits of contract negotiations. Just commenting on how you guys like to do your talks differently from everyone else.

Some day Chicago will have a strike after national ratified. It will then be interesting to see what national does when you guys have been doing your own thing and in a lot of ways acting like you're a different union.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Red,

Not missing that point , not arguing the merits of contract negotiations. Just commenting on how you guys like to do your talks differently from everyone else.

Some day Chicago will have a strike after national ratified. It will then be interesting to see what national does when you guys have been doing your own thing and in a lot of ways acting like you're a different union.

Whats different from having seperate supplements? Locals like 804 didnt except the national and delayed the national until they were signed. There also was two or three more locals that did the same i do apoligize the local numbers have slipped my mind. Theres alot of locals with seperate language from the master agreement.

If the national follows great but if not we can take care of ourselves. We have a strike fund that is well prepared just in case. Obviously it wont be what were use to making. But hopefully atlanta joins in th talks to get this ball rolling, if not let the members decide.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There you go!! A good old fashioned mind zombie post. Stand tall. Rah Rah rah.

Whatever Tie. You just keep toeing the line and speaking your brainwashed corporate drivel. I'm guessing you enjoy this forum in order to do what you wish you could do all day at work, speak your mind. I watch all the supervisors in my building thinking one thing and then doing whatever the faceless email/conference call boss tells them to do.

Stay strong 705! You are only different from the rest of the nation because you had the stones to vote no on a bad contract.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Whatever Tie. You just keep toeing the line and speaking your brainwashed corporate drivel. I'm guessing you enjoy this forum in order to do what you wish you could do all day at work, speak your mind. I watch all the supervisors in my building thinking one thing and then doing whatever the faceless email/conference call boss tells them to do.

Stay strong 705! You are only different from the rest of the nation because you had the stones to vote no on a bad contract.

We have not had a chance to vote on a contract, the company still hasnt given a full proposal to be voted on. I do apoligize if i have made anyone think that we have voted no. We are voting to authorize a strike if need be.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We have not had a chance to vote on a contract, the company still hasnt given a full proposal to be voted on. I do apoligize if i have made anyone think that we have voted no. We are voting to authorize a strike if need be.

Six of one, half dozen of another. You should be proud of your represenation for staying resolute and commited to bringing a solid suppliment to the members for vote.

Anybody wonder if Tie Guy is a plant by UPS to stir the pot in the corporate direction. Seems to have way to much time on his hands. Can't imagine any of the managers I know having the time or desire to engage the ideologies of us "little people".

705red

Browncafe Steward
I'm sorry 705red, but I only have one thing to say about this...

it's ACCEPT, not EXCEPT.
Great now i have a post man correcting grammar? Glad to see that your adding to this debate, do me a favor and put down my flag after you pick up my outgoing mail and stop bending my bigger envelopes walk you lazy but to my door.

U(s)PS Guy

Great now i have a post man correcting grammar? Glad to see that your adding to this debate, do me a favor and put down my flag after you pick up my outgoing mail and stop bending my bigger envelopes walk you lazy but to my door.

aww that's so cute :) but I'm a UPSER just like you

and to be fair I wasn't correcting your grammar...but your usage of a synonym

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
Never mind the tie, he's just worried that we might actually shut down the Midwest and cause diversion headaches, that the ties wont be able to manage. Remember there is a lot of freight that moves thru the Chicagoland area( we control that).

tieguy

Banned

LOL, I'm not the guy that came on here screaming some babble like some kkker going to his first cross burning. that was you.

tieguy

Banned
Six of one, half dozen of another. You should be proud of your represenation for staying resolute and commited to bringing a solid suppliment to the members for vote.

Anybody wonder if Tie Guy is a plant by UPS to stir the pot in the corporate direction. Seems to have way to much time on his hands. Can't imagine any of the managers I know having the time or desire to engage the ideologies of us "little people".

Oh jeez another bobblehead questioning why the manager posts here. I think your number 3895 running the same tired dialogue.

Don't fool yourself bobblehead , I could care less what your ideologies are. I'm another poster here with my own ideologies.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
OH GREAT!! We now have a management person making offensive racially insensitive remarks now! What did we do to deserve this!:surprised:
LOL, I'm not the guy that came on here screaming some babble like some kkker going to his first cross burning. that was you.

705red

Browncafe Steward
WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW tie. Its time for some anger management classes. That was just uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Oh jeez another bobblehead questioning why the manager posts here. I think your number 3895 running the same tired dialogue.

Don't fool yourself bobblehead , I could care less what your ideologies are. I'm another poster here with my own ideologies.

This is the labor forum isn't it? You just said it all. You need not care about my ideologies. You do need to show respect for them though or risk exposing yourself as an arrogant, self righteous, blowhard.

tieguy

Banned
Never mind the tie, he's just worried that we might actually shut down the Midwest and cause diversion headaches, that the ties wont be able to manage. Remember there is a lot of freight that moves thru the Chicagoland area( we control that).

You're kidding right? You actually think the chicago that would come back would be the same as the one that left. you don't think UPS would thank you for the strike by moving work out of you? Naaah you can't be that stupid can you?

tieguy

Banned
WWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW tie. Its time for some anger management classes. That was just uncalled for!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Red there was no anger there?
It was an honest answer. Something you will never get from your propaganda minister.

loserupser

Two minute Therapist
I think someone has lost self-control here!! Calling people names, that s NOT very nice!! This is the type of management that give management a bad name!:peaceful:

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
This is the labor forum isn't it? You just said it all. You need not care about my ideologies. You do need to show respect for them though or risk exposing yourself as an arrogant, self righteous, blowhard.

I need to do what?
I don't know if you know this or not but this is the brown cafe. Its a board for all UPSers not just the self appointed "little people".