Strike survival!!! Dump your stock!! Cash in some 401k!! Sell on ebay!!!

reydluap

Thats a concern of mine too. Come retirement you and I will be looked at as villians because we were proactive all our working lives and saved what we could when we could. Its the same mentality that prevails when people get all worked up about the evil "1%". Those people made the necessary decisions that got them there and now they are to be villified because of it. I fear that one day we could see Obama or a similar ideologue make a move on our retirement savings because its not fair that we saved up a respectable nest egg while the less responsible did not. Just remember that the responsible ones like us will be referred to as the "fortunate" and those who aren't will be called the "unfortunate".

GREAT POST!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!! The only way this OVERSIZED goverment is going to survive is if we that have saved money PAYS FOR IT!! IRA's, 401k's and savings are nice now, but look out, the "less fortunate" that don't have brain one will think they are being left out and will expect more handouts! Our investments will pay for it somehow. Why should they work, all they have to do is sit on their hands or reproduce like rabbits all day, the working man will foot the bill! Don't even get me started!

I was raised by the, "If ya don't work -you don't eat" mentality, not goverment handouts.

wayne1970

GREAT POST!!!!!! EXACTLY!!!! The only way this OVERSIZED goverment is going to survive is if we that have saved money PAYS FOR IT!! IRA's, 401k's and savings are nice now, but look out, the "less fortunate" that don't have brain one will think they are being left out and will expect more handouts! Our investments will pay for it somehow. Why should they work, all they have to do is sit on their hands or reproduce like rabbits all day, the working man will foot the bill! Don't even get me started!

I was raised by the, "If ya don't work -you don't eat" mentality, not goverment handouts.

I sure hope not but at this point nothing will shock me. I was raised with the mentality you work for all you get and take care of your family yourself. No ?'s asked. In my younger years with pitiful pay that meant 70 hours a week between 2 jobs. I never thought a thing of it. I honestly thought that was how every young family started out. Wow was I blind!

Buck Fifty

Im sitting like a fat manager that never step foot in a pkg car!!!
Be prepared!!! Dont be caught off guard like the brothers at hostess!!!
# 1 cash in some of that stock thats at a 52 week high!!!! Its only heading down no matter what happens!!! #2 get a couple grand out of your 401k!!! You can always increase you %
to make up for it
#3 sell on ebay!!! Get your paypal debit card and sell everything including your wife!!!

See u on the picket line!!!!

Little over the top here.

I've always said prepare for the worst before and expect the best going through.

I'll stand by it here.

thessalonian13

# 1 cash in some of that stock thats at a 52 week high!!!! Its only heading down no matter what happens!!! #2 get a couple grand out of your 401k!!! You can always increase you % to make up for it
#3 sell on ebay!!! Get your paypal debit card and sell everything including your wife!!!

Don't become a financial adviser because you are clueless. You never touch your 401k because you get destroyed in penalties. I will stop there.

brett636

Just curious? Is there a time you wouldn't get taxed with taking money out of 401k? A certain age?

If you have a traditional 401k you can withdraw the money with no penalty at age 59 and a half(why the half is important is beyond me), but you will still get taxed at your regular tax rate. Now if you have a Roth 401k and withdraw the money you pay no tax assuming you are at the age that you can withdraw it since roth 401ks are funded with after tax dollars, and the growth of that money can be withdrawn completely tax free(for now).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
# 1 cash in some of that stock thats at a 52 week high!!!! Its only heading down no matter what happens!!! #2 get a couple grand out of your 401k!!! You can always increase you % to make up for it

pretty much the worst ideas I've heard. Just save a little. I've got a month easy in savings and hope to save another by August. If we r on strike for more than a month just look for another job cause u will have been replaced.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
If you have a traditional 401k you can withdraw the money with no penalty at age 59 and a half(why the half is important is beyond me), but you will still get taxed at your regular tax rate. Now if you have a Roth 401k and withdraw the money you pay no tax assuming you are at the age that you can withdraw it since roth 401ks are funded with after tax dollars, and the growth of that money can be withdrawn completely tax free(for now).
I thank you for response.:)

Island

Perhaps the company knows that the part-timers will cross the line because the union doesn't care about them anyway? I'm not saying I will cross, but I will definitely think about it real hard when the union tells me that I have to fight for the people with 20 years seniority to get shiny new articles and for me to get nothing (until after another 15 years pass). The union and the company have created a huge population of severely underpaid part-time wageslaves and really the company will have the last laugh when my 110 part-time coworkers cross the line and the 20-ish full-timers are standing on the sidewalk complaining about how their retirement needs an increase.
That said, if I have to pay my entire check for health insurance next year, I may assemble some of the older folks in my operation, quietly put up a folding table, flip that table, then shove my badge down the throat of the nearest steward.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Perhaps the company knows that the part-timers will cross the line because the union doesn't care about them anyway? I'm not saying I will cross, but I will definitely think about it real hard when the union tells me that I have to fight for the people with 20 years seniority to get shiny new articles and for me to get nothing (until after another 15 years pass). The union and the company have created a huge population of severely underpaid part-time wageslaves and really the company will have the last laugh when my 110 part-time coworkers cross the line and the 20-ish full-timers are standing on the sidewalk complaining about how their retirement needs an increase.
That said, if I have to pay my entire check for health insurance next year, I may assemble some of the older folks in my operation, quietly put up a folding table, flip that table, then shove my badge down the throat of the nearest steward.

Part timers helped create that divide by not voting.

I hate when people blame the union. You me and all the other employees are the union. It's not this magical being that does everything for us.

Island

I never said it was. And I equally hater when old timers tell me I am the problem when I vote and I am vocal and the wigs at the local straight up tell me no. No this, no that, and no we don't care about you pters, how can we say that more clearly so that you will stop making reasonable requests and statements and using up our patting-each-other-on-the-back-for-hiring-that-polling-firm-to-fake-the-local-elections time.