Strike Vote

S

spycmon

You've got to be kidding me!? (Think about 1997. UPS wanted to buy our pension plan. That would have been very expensive for them to do, but they were willing to do it. I saw their proposal - it would have given us a better pension. Carey and his cronies would not hear of it. Do you know why? It would have bankrupted our already corrupted, skimmed off the top, pension plan.)

I suggest you talk to some knowledgable management folks. That definately wasn't the case. Thanks for the laugh though!

G

gsx1990

spy,
I dont work for UPS. However, I work in the real world, and work hard. I dont have some bogus
union protecting my ass when I'm late 3x a week,
or when I don't perform the duties I'm paid to
do. Unions have become too powerful. Face it
bud. Its a fact. Union membership is at a
70 year low % wise for American workers. You
are brainwashed. WAKE UP AND SMELL the COFFEE
bro. If you don't want to work for $25 an hour,
an non union guy will ...ie FED EX. Are you
blind?

P

proups

Spy: No, I'm not kidding you. Knowledgable management folks = Our District Human Resources Manager, who went to Atlanta for a one day meeting during the first week of the strike and got a three inch binder on the proposed pension plan that he took to the centers and reviewed with us. Did you see that? It was a better pension plan.

Corrupt union = Carey couldn't even keep his job much over a year. The Feds were on to him so quick it was embarassing. One only has to look at the Teamsters history to see a lot of corruption. Example: Does Hoffa Jr. know where Hoffa Sr. is today? Just the facts here...no opinion.

Stop laughing and start paying attention to the world around you. Example = some of your posts on the other boards say just the opposite of what you are stating here.

Sorry Cheryl if this seems to be a flame. People like Spy only flame that small fire that pushes the IBT to publicly spout their venom and help our good company lose customers, packages, and ultimately jobs.

S

spycmon

Proups, if it was during the first week of the strike how did you see it? Did you cross the picket line? As a matter of fact I saw their proposal. Whether it was the same one you saw that's hard to tell. Regardless of how sweet it looked on paper we never would have seen it take action. Even if it did, there was nothing to say how long it would of lasted.

P

proups

Spy - now we are thinking.

Good point about the first week of the strike. Yes, I crossed the line, as did about 90% of my center. We all have bills to pay. The "picket line" was actually three or four people sitting in lawn chairs with their strike signs laying beside them. At our big hubs, the IBT had to bring in professional picketers - out of work truck drivers - because of the large number of people that crossed the lines.

As for what you saw on paper, you said it looked sweet, so I will assume it was the same thing I saw: $100 for every year worked - if you retire with 25 years, you got $2500/month. I've been through many contracts, and anything the IBT/UPS negotiated at the table with regards to economic packages and is approved by the membership ALWAYS happens (annual raises, 25 and out, etc....). Just a fact, not an opinion.

Thanks for thinking about what I've been saying to you. In some of the other posts I have read from you, you are right that if we don't get this contract done, the non-union delivery companies will take those packages away from us quickly. If we go too far into June, I would not be surprised to see about 1/3 or more of our routes cut.

Teamsters - we want a contract NOW!