strike

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
You guys are missing my point. The fact is you are talking about every stem associated with ups. I was talking about package. Is the preload a part of the process? Yes. Unload? Yes. Feeders? Yes. Have a manager go in to a company an just ask for 1000 bucks. Not gonna happen. Eliminate every hourly for a day, things stop. Eliminate every manager, things still go on. And I made a point to not include EVERY manager or sup. you missing the point.

I don't think we missed your point.
The posts continue repeat the same myopic message that UPS lives and dies with the small package hourly.

I certainly agree the small package driver is important.

The comment about 1000 bucks only adds to further confuse.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Even taking into account these bulk stops. I don't think freight business models make anywhere near the profit margin of small package. Just compare UPS and FedEx small package to the multitude of freight businesses out there. We are proving to be way more successful with our original small package logistics. Maybe its because we charge way more, or maybe its because there is tight competition among the many freight businesses out there. Either way, small package seems to be winning as far as profit is concerned.

Take some time and review some of your new product offerings.
Healthcare and temp sensitive options.
Worldwide Express Freight

Freight is now flying on Browntails and clearing customs quickly.

Trucks can't cross the ocean but moving freight on Browntails is expensive and bringing it into Louisville for two day service....

It is not a small package world any longer.

brown_trousers

Take some time and review some of your new product offerings.
Healthcare and temp sensitive options.
Worldwide Express Freight

Freight is now flying on Browntails and clearing customs quickly.

Trucks can't cross the ocean but moving freight on Browntails is expensive and bringing it into Louisville for two day service....

It is not a small package world any longer.

I understand the "theoretical" benefit of freight. But in real world scenarios... Small package business are beating the snot out of freight businesses

Nimnim

The Nim
We are "the face of brown"? Why do we work 12 hour days? I'm so noticeable at 930 at night doing house stops? Give me a break. I'm sick and friend@cking tired of you sups and managers that think its you that built this company. Bullshhit!!! It was and always will be built on the backs of the men and woman, scratch that, my brothers and sisters that sling cardboard for this company. Our job is to make money. Your job is to make sure we show up. Glorified babysitter. Don't get me wrong, there are a few good seeds in there just like there are a few with us. But be a self thinker. Don't just adhere to there rhetoric. There was a guy in 1941 that tried to make people believe what he was spewing too.

Ok, I'm invoking Godwin's Law. It's made it this far, this thread won't be productive anymore. Everyone abandon thread.