Struck goods

alwaysoverallowed

Yes I know it is but I think the section open to interpretation. That is why I posted the question.
I believe that if we(UPS)are helping Verizon continue to operate unabated then we would be working against those on strike who are putting pressure on their employer to get a fair contract.
The language of the section infers that UPS won't move goods that would otherwise be moved by those on strike but where do we draw the line here?
Do Verizon installers not carry boxes to install, do Verizon wireless employees sell and give phones and accessories?

Yes they do.

So wouldn't we then be doing their work when we get the increase in volume that they are not servicing?
I believe we would and since there is no distinction between work that would be ours outside of a strike and work that would be theirs I believe we should progress none of it because we cannot find a clear distinction.

Last edited:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If Verizon goes on strike do you think we should stop delivering Verizon packages?

We are not obligated to cross an active picket line; however, it is OK to cross an informational picket. If there is a called strike their packages will be put on hold and a member of Verizon management will come and pick them up.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Intriguing premise.
Should I vacate my cell service with Verizon if they go on strike?
Would that be a good enough reason to void the contract I have with Verizon?

Doubtful

box_beeyotch

This happened in my area with the local electric companies union workers. They would picket all a long the sidewalk of a main downtown street during rush hour. Not once did they recieve delivery from ups during that 3 week period.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe Verizon prices will drop and their customer service salesmen....uh....representatives will be more helpful after the strike. LOL.

I called Verizon Sunday evening as my contract had just expired and I had been told that if you don't take the upgrade your rate drops $15/month. Other than being on hold for 10 minutes, the rest of the experience was very pleasant. Not only did she lower my rate but she backdated it to the start of the current billing period.

I deliver NDA to our local VW store and normally get there before they open. Usually it is not an issue----they open the door and sign for their package(s)----but for some reason the employee yesterday felt it necessary to tell me that she was not allowed to open the door early and that she may have to call UPS to have their delivery times adjusted. Rather than explain how our NDA deliveries work, I simply told her that I would make the attempt and then leave a delivery notice. We are not supposed to reattempt any NDA send agains on the same day so if I am unable to indirect them to Gamestop, which is next door, I will have to bring them back and reattempt the following day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Other non delivery Letter M ,Strike. That's what you do if a customer is on strike.

There is a difference between an active and informational picket line.

Our center manager told us to call him if we encounter a picket line outside of a Verizon store.

Verizon workers have agreed to keep working under their current contract for the time being.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I called Verizon Sunday evening as my contract had just expired and I had been told that if you don't take the upgrade your rate drops $15/month. Other than being on hold for 10 minutes, the rest of the experience was very pleasant. Not only did she lower my rate but she backdated it to the start of the current billing period.

I deliver NDA to our local VW store and normally get there before they open. Usually it is not an issue----they open the door and sign for their package(s)----but for some reason the employee yesterday felt it necessary to tell me that she was not allowed to open the door early and that she may have to call UPS to have their delivery times adjusted. Rather than explain how our NDA deliveries work, I simply told her that I would make the attempt and then leave a delivery notice. We are not supposed to reattempt any NDA send agains on the same day so if I am unable to indirect them to Gamestop, which is next door, I will have to bring them back and reattempt the following day.
You can't bring a NDA back for a reattempt but are allowed to go out of your way to get rid of those hated ground send agains. What kind of fool do you work for?

Overpaid Union Thug

I absolutely hate dealing with Verizon here. Their store employees are only pleasant to deal with if they think they are getting a good commission off you. Otherwise they are rude and arrogant. And delivering there is a pain in the ass as well.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
There is a difference between an active and informational picket line.

Our center manager told us to call him if we encounter a picket line outside of a Verizon store.

Verizon workers have agreed to keep working under their current contract for the time being.
And I'm sure you'd call him on your personal cell phone.