Stupid Driver Awards

Nazzrath

The allowance is 45 seconds per package. If you do it enough you can use it to influence the over/under on your route. If yoy are a bonus center like we are, and you use it enough you can earn bonus.

Example: 17 35lbs packages, 3rd floor apartment with elevator, but 10 steps up to the front door. 45secs/pkg = 12mins Due to the weight it took me 4 trips thanks to those stairs. Total actual time = 18 mins

How much time does a 70+ actually give you?

Notretiredyet

How much time does a 70+ actually give you?[/QUOTE]
Apparently enough to get you fired if you use it when you shouldn't. Why is just doing the job by the rules so difficult for some of us?

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
on the opposite end in allmost 29 yrs i have never taken credit for a over 70,, who has time

slantnosechevy

If I need to make several trips to deliver bulk to an apartment building I'll sheet the number of trips past 1 as 70+ There's no other way to sheet the extra time for the extra trips.

I've never heard of a supe giving the ok for doing this in any situation like this. If he is, you'll both be gone. Nothing like loading the gun for them. There's no way to sheet extra credit because you don't get any..... period. You get paid by the hour.

65Goat

The allowance is 45 seconds per package. If you do it enough you can use it to influence the over/under on your route. If yoy are a bonus center like we are, and you use it enough you can earn bonus. [/Q
Recently, I delivered to a local business that sells diesel pick up accessories. That particular day they received 18 tires that weighed 80 lbs apiece. Also several clutches and several exhausts. 25, +70s. Dummy me forgot to take credit for them. If they seriously want this to stop they need the over 70s to populated as they are scanned. It could be in the bar code.
Anyway....I had the OMS put the over 70s in my timecard and it made a difference of 50 clicks.
I couldn't agree more about the company's ability to do this.

didyousheetit

Miscounting by 1 or 2 on one day can be explained as a data entry error.

Doing it every day for 30 days isnt a data entry error.

When the company suspects something like this, they wait and give the idiot all the rope he needs to hang himself.
yes, as a steward we had a guy for six weeks record at least 19 over 70's. when confronted the center manager said "look you have had min. of 19 day so when I go to your truck how many will I find today? we settled in house, three day suspension

Dizzee

ɹǝqɯǝɯ ɹoıuǝs
pitythefool.jpg
pitythefool.jpg

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Example: 17 35lbs packages, 3rd floor apartment with elevator, but 10 steps up to the front door. 45secs/pkg = 12mins Due to the weight it took me 4 trips thanks to those stairs. Total actual time = 18 mins

How much time does a 70+ actually give you?

Do you know why you have the option of putting a 'floor' number in the main (address) screen? That is right next to the apt number. Because you get a time allowance for that as well. I use floor numbers if I have an upstairs front door as well as multi story business or apts. Don't cheat the over weights.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

O was recently disciplined for this issue; given the nature of the infraction-and I am in a bonus center, but rarely make bonus, and typically don't come anywhere close-I am grateful for the level of disciplined I receive, because it could have been worse; nonetheless, I am debating in whether to grieve it (the debate being that no matter my motives/justifications I needed to use other methods than what I used). Desperation, rather than greed, is led me to this "plan", for the reasons presented by Nazzreth.

My over-allowance keeps me constantly on the radar, and for whatever reason I am not having the greatest success reducing it. I wanted to find ways to "show them" what was going on, and since they'be taken the irreg allowance away, using the over-70 allowances seemed like the only option. I also started entering in the tracking numbers of packages I could not find, at least initially, and entering them as DFU-other, where I'd type in that the package was "not on my car", both so mgmt could see why I pulled over someplace and did nothing for five mins delivery/driving-wise, as well as to try give some visibility to the package for the customer. I have been told not to do this as well, however.

Thankfully, I still have my job. In addition, I have had two OJS' in the last couple weeks, where the supe praised my methods, but on one of the days I still worked 11.25 hrs and was .81 clicks over. I have felt a sense of calm since that ride, as it affirmed that I do hustle, but not much can be done sometimes.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
O was recently disciplined for this issue; given the nature of the infraction-and I am in a bonus center, but rarely make bonus, and typically don't come anywhere close-I am grateful for the level of disciplined I receive, because it could have been worse; nonetheless, I am debating in whether to grieve it (the debate being that no matter my motives/justifications I needed to use other methods than what I used). Desperation, rather than greed, is led me to this "plan", for the reasons presented by Nazzreth.

My over-allowance keeps me constantly on the radar, and for whatever reason I am not having the greatest success reducing it. I wanted to find ways to "show them" what was going on, and since they'be taken the irreg allowance away, using the over-70 allowances seemed like the only option. I also started entering in the tracking numbers of packages I could not find, at least initially, and entering them as DFU-other, where I'd type in that the package was "not on my car", both so mgmt could see why I pulled over someplace and did nothing for five mins delivery/driving-wise, as well as to try give some visibility to the package for the customer. I have been told not to do this as well, however.

Thankfully, I still have my job. In addition, I have had two OJS' in the last couple weeks, where the supe praised my methods, but on one of the days I still worked 11.25 hrs and was .81 clicks over. I have felt a sense of calm since that ride, as it affirmed that I do hustle, but not much can be done sometimes.

When you stop worrying about their allowances (over/under) and when you stop worrying about being on the radar, the weight of the world will be lifted off your shoulders. It was more than 2 years before I finally started scratching and beating rtes. It didn't happen very often but it did finally happen. I gave up worrying about their schiatt LONG before that. My route, I never beat. I never scratch. I am beat every single day usually by an hour or more. All that tells me is that their allowances are wrong, because I know that route like I know the inside of my eyelids. I can do that route in my sleep, inside out and backwards.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

Do you know why you have the option of putting a 'floor' number in the main (address) screen? That is right next to the apt number. Because you get a time allowance for that as well. I use floor numbers if I have an upstairs front door as well as multi story business or apts. Don't cheat the over weights.
Dilli, until my ride a couple of weeks ago, I had never heard of this allowance; I used the flr/rm spots for when the label actually had those on there. The supe giving me the OJS-who was not from my center, or even my building-clued me in. The apartment bldg I delivering to had separate numbers on separate floors, the numbers serving as the actual address (eg. 624 Waterview, which is on the 2nd fl, or 626 Waterview, on the third floor; there isn't a common address shared by the complex.

A couple times I have entered a floor number, but more for "visibility", like when I carry an over 70 to the third floor; if they are watching, I want them to know why I took five mins at that stop, or more.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I have like 20 per day. I quit doing it usually as another poster said, it takes longer to put it in that to just do it.

slantnosechevy

You have nothing to worry about if you keep doing this. Sure they'll still give you the occasional "what happened?", don't let it bother you. It's worked for me for a lot of years as well as many others. You have the power to train your supes justlike customers.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Dilli, until my ride a couple of weeks ago, I had never heard of this allowance; I used the flr/rm spots for when the label actually had those on there. The supe giving me the OJS-who was not from my center, or even my building-clued me in. The apartment bldg I delivering to had separate numbers on separate floors, the numbers serving as the actual address (eg. 624 Waterview, which is on the 2nd fl, or 626 Waterview, on the third floor; there isn't a common address shared by the complex.

A couple times I have entered a floor number, but more for "visibility", like when I carry an over 70 to the third floor; if they are watching, I want them to know why I took five mins at that stop, or more.

Yep, that's what it's for. I have a few houses that have upstairs front doors. I will use a 'floor' 2 for those. It takes me time to walk up those damn stairs and my knees feel it. They are going to give me credit for it. :happy-very:

PS: if you regularly use your floor numbers and use them legitimately, you won't be questioned on it after awhile. When you don't use them and then remember too, that's when you will get questioned on them.

balland chain

When are drivers going to learn..UPS know every thing we do out there..If you think they are not watching,,look behind you !! i had a package car supervisor follow me several times a week trying to catch me doing something wrong (methods) he did this for several months> I always work by the methods, and despite what they might think of me, I am an honest person who would never steal a penny or one minute of time... What are these drivers thinking ???

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

I've watch rural routes go from 65-70 max to 80 plus everyday. The ONLY way to scratch almost every rural route is to speed. I use to do it and clock out under 8 on a good day. Now u gotta bust it to get in by 8.

Their numbers have gotten so wack that some of our biggest runners can't scratch routes anymore. I just want to show up do my job go home and collect a paycheck on Friday.

slantnosechevy

When are drivers going to learn..UPS know every thing we do out there..If you think they are not watching,,look behind you !! i had a package car supervisor follow me several times a week trying to catch me doing something wrong (methods) he did this for several months> I always work by the methods, and despite what they might think of me, I am an honest person who would never steal a penny or one minute of time... What are these drivers thinking ???

The problem is UPS can lull you to sleep sometimes. Older drivers, especially bonus drivers, think they have cart blanche to cheat. They may have had Ctr. Mngrs. who could have cared less back in the day as long as they made them look good on paper. Back in the day it was easier to cover up things they can no longer do. Mngrs. come and go and Operations people will roll the dice letting some drivers slide if they think a Div. mngr. will back them and they can keep things in house. But.....draw attention to yourself by the higher ups and it could be a house of cards with many getting the walk of shame. Same could apply to young drivers and young mngrs. The new UPS will eventually get you. They just like a solid paper trail so they can cinch that hangman's knot really tight.