Stupid Driver Awards

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
So how do you sheet a pickup you are covering for another driver?

I message the center and have them transfer the pickup to me so that I can scan the customers end of day report and complete the pickup.

If the center fails to transfer the pickup to me in a timely manner, I go ahead and enter it as an unscheduled pickup. When they bitch and whine about it the next day, I politely suggest to them that they be a little quicker about following up the next time I ask them to transfer a pickup over to me. They usually get the hint; its been awhile since I had to use the "unscheduled pickup" hammer on them.

Indecisi0n

If they don't send me the pickup I'll just scan it under split counts (as if someone walked up to the truck and handed you a package). I could careless if I get credit or not but at lease this way the package is entered into the system from the scan.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Example: 17 35lbs packages, 3rd floor apartment with elevator, but 10 steps up to the front door. 45secs/pkg = 12mins Due to the weight it took me 4 trips thanks to those stairs. Total actual time = 18 mins

How much time does a 70+ actually give you?

Why do you care? Your math adds up to stupidity.

over9five

Staff member
Morning meeting for all drivers upstairs in the conference room.
Later, down at the trucks a driver remembers he left his vest upstairs.
Unfortunately, management has in the meantime checked the vest pockets in an attempt to find out who left their vest behind.
Finds his bag of pot.
When he went in to get his vest, they were waiting for the [-]:censored2:[/-] driver who would claim it.
Terminated on the spot, never to return.

Dracula

Yep, that's what it's for. I have a few houses that have upstairs front doors. I will use a 'floor' 2 for those. It takes me time to walk up those damn stairs and my knees feel it. They are going to give me credit for it. :happy-very:

PS: if you regularly use your floor numbers and use them legitimately, you won't be questioned on it after awhile. When you don't use them and then remember too, that's when you will get questioned on them.

They'll give you credit it for it if they feel like it. Then, they'll take it away. Moral of the story, the only credit that matters is when their check hits the bank. Everything else is imaginary credit. You're falling in their trap.

Dracula

I was told by a supervisor that you get a larger allowance when you put in "8 - Dock" versus "4 - Front Desk". I have no idea what my over/under allowed are so I've never tried it.

Finally, we have a winner! + -, out of sight, out of mind...

rod

Retired 22 years
Unfortunately, management has in the meantime checked the vest pockets in an attempt to find out who left their vest behind.
Finds his bag of pot.
When he went in to get his vest, they were waiting for the [-]:censored2:[/-] driver who would claim it.

I will give you an A+ for trying to get this back on topic but for some reason everyone just wants to talk about over 70's and other crap nobody gives a flying you know what about. I tried also but it didn't work for me either.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I will give you an A+ for trying to get this back on topic but for some reason everyone just wants to talk about over 70's and other crap nobody gives a flying you know what about. I tried also but it didn't work for me either.

I disagree with you Rod. The topic started out as over 70's. It has left topic. Add whatever caused a Stupid Driver Award. It's all good.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Finds his bag of pot.

Another great example of a stupid driver award.