Stupid driver

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Honestly, told them who I was but the guy on the phone said that being a UPS employee there would be no influence on the complaint, also, they are not allowed to disclose that information

The only reason I asked is because I tried to call a concern in on our OMS for giving out my personal cell phone number to a customer without my permission and the person on the other end of the phone would not process my concern.

They may not be allowed to disclose that information but did you know that the OMS clerk(s) have to follow up on each and every concern within one hour, if possible, or by the next day at the latest? They will quickly figure out who you are and word will get around the center that you called a concern in on a driver. Not your smartest move. The smartest thing would have been to call the center manager, relay what happened and request a meeting with him and the driver in question to discuss this incident.

H

htown0721

The only reason I asked is because I tried to call a concern in on our OMS for giving out my personal cell phone number to a customer without my permission and the person on the other end of the phone would not process my concern.

They may not be allowed to disclose that information but did you know that the OMS clerk(s) have to follow up on each and every concern within one hour, if possible, or by the next day at the latest? They will quickly figure out who you are and word will get around the center that you called a concern in on a driver. Not your smartest move. The smartest thing would have been to call the center manager, relay what happened and request a meeting with him and the driver in question to discuss this incident.

Considered that but I figured that would turn into he said/she said kinda thing, plus the sort I work is not related to those drivers and is a different center manager

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have a lot to say but this just disgust me. You opted to be a tattle tale and risk this guy getting a day on the street rather than do the right thing. Hope you feel better about yourself. Maybe since you knew he was there, instead of looking out the window and watching him "throw" the package you could have gone to the door and accepted the package by hand and thanked him for a job well done. Nope, instead you took the management route.

Also, nothing seems to wrong with your current router if you can still come on to BC and tell us all how you narced out a fellow UPS.

H

htown0721

I have a lot to say but this just disgust me. You opted to be a tattle tale and risk this guy getting a day on the street rather than do the right thing. Hope you feel better about yourself. Maybe since you knew he was there, instead of looking out the window and watching him "throw" the package you could have gone to the door and accepted the package by hand and thanked him for a job well done. Nope, instead you took the management route.

Also, nothing seems to wrong with your current router if you can still come on to BC and tell us all how you narced out a fellow UPS.

Switching internet companies and it is funny that I disgust you, yet the driver is the one who threw the package and when confronted did not care and at that point I do not feel bad about "tattling" and as a union worker I understand you seem to hate management that is fine so work as directed and do the job correctly. Pretty sure throwing boxes is not acceptable in the contract. Had I had the option to go to the door and open it I would have yet he threw the package, hence I was not given an opportunity, see the correlation. Now if you need any more help understanding that I have a legitimate complaint feel free to keep showing your disgust and I will dumb it down just for you

H

htown0721

Honestly, I could have handled it better but I was pretty pissed when the driver couldn't even say my bad, sorry anything would have been fine. But for future reference if it occurs again I will handle it differently.

clarnzz

Honestly, though he would not have done anything the center manager is hated by both union and management so thats his problem and thats what the number is there for. I

Sounds like you are trying to be hated by union and management as well, unfortunatly for you, you are pissing upwind. I'm sure he doesn't lose any sleep about people below him not wanting to be his friend. He is mainly concerned with how many conferance calls he has to "attend" the next day.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Don't forget after telling on the driver he felt the need to come on here and blab about it.

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
heres the problem, he is assigning intent to the action, more important he is assigning MALICIOUS intent to the action, youre assuming the drivers goal was to be a jerk and break the contents or be obnoxious,, then you feel the need to call a complaint and post here... all pretty arrogant on your part

mamba21

First time poster, long time UPSer, I would agree with everyone that he did not handle it we'll except if the driver actually acted as stated then I probably would have done the same thing

H

htown0721

heres the problem, he is assigning intent to the action, more important he is assigning MALICIOUS intent to the action, youre assuming the drivers goal was to be a jerk and break the contents or be obnoxious,, then you feel the need to call a complaint and post here... all pretty arrogant on your part

Never said it was malicious but the driver could have cared less so at that point I felt the need to complain, you are making assumptions and not being in the situation you do not know what you are talking about. Yet, Im the one with the damaged package and I am the arrogant one, most likely the package was broken before hand which in that case the loader should have taken care of it

Cementups

Box Monkey
Switching internet companies and it is funny that I disgust you, yet the driver is the one who threw the package and when confronted did not care and at that point I do not feel bad about "tattling" and as a union worker I understand you seem to hate management that is fine so work as directed and do the job correctly. Pretty sure throwing boxes is not acceptable in the contract. Had I had the option to go to the door and open it I would have yet he threw the package, hence I was not given an opportunity, see the correlation. Now if you need any more help understanding that I have a legitimate complaint feel free to keep showing your disgust and I will dumb it down just for you

Good for you in assuming that I am a union employee cause I never once mentioned (in my original post) what my position was with UPS, or if I was an employee at big brown at all. Also good of you to assume I hate management. There are examples of good supervisors/management and bad supervisors/management. Since you seem to be a master ass-umer, I will let you assume which one I assume you are.

And no need to dumb it down cause I'm sure talking down to your underlings is your specialty and I would just hate to get into a bout of verbal gymnastics with you, the Mensa candidate you must be.

H

htown0721

Good for you in assuming that I am a union employee cause I never once mentioned (in my original post) what my position was with UPS, or if I was an employee at big brown at all. Also good of you to assume I hate management. There are examples of good supervisors/management and bad supervisors/management. Since you seem to be a master ass-umer, I will let you assume which one I assume you are.

And no need to dumb it down cause I'm sure talking down to your underlings is your specialty and I would just hate to get into a bout of verbal gymnastics with you, the Mensa candidate you must be.

The funny part is you assumed I could have opened the door in time for him to hand me the package, so I figured we were free to make assumptions. I am sorry I hurt your feelings (I am assuming I hurt your feelings because you seem a little upset).

H

htown0721

Also, your profile says you are a UPS driver, so either my assumption was correct or you are a liar. Which is it?

Cementups

Box Monkey
Also, your profile says you are a UPS driver, so either my assumption was correct or you are a liar. Which is it?

It would take far more than you to hurt my feelings. No worries. Personally, if you had come out to voice your concern about how I had handled your package I would have gave you a blank, tilted dog head stare while you voiced and then offered my obligatory apology. Most of the time my apology would be disingenuous, but it gives the customer a sense of security that the situation was taken care of and will no longer be a problem.

Like I said in my second post, I never mentioned in my original post what my position was. You had to investigate to get such information. That being said, well played Inspector Clouseau.