Stupid Friggin' Accident

MassWineGuy

I'm fine driving a 700, Sprinter and probably a 900. For my pickup route's typical volume I usually drive a van.

One morning last week (that I volunteered to work), I was given some deliveries and one of those Ford vans with a turning radius of three football fields. It was parked very close to the wall with the exit.

As slowly as I was going, I managed to catch the side cargo door on one of the yellow guard posts and cause a huge crushing dent. Door opens and shuts fine, but looks awful.

Yes I am responsible. But what a dumb accident. And of course, who was standing right there but the new senior manager.

I'm an excellent, safety conscious driver anywhere outside of the station.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I'm fine driving a 700, Sprinter and probably a 900. For my pickup route's typical volume I usually drive a van.

One morning last week (that I volunteered to work), I was given some deliveries and one of those Ford vans with a turning radius of three football fields. It was parked very close to the wall with the exit.

As slowly as I was going, I managed to catch the side cargo door on one of the yellow guard posts and cause a huge crushing dent. Door opens and shuts fine, but looks awful.

Yes I am responsible. But what a dumb accident. And of course, who was standing right there but the new senior manager.

Stuff happens. The dumb accidents just piss you off though.

bbsam

Staff member

You're a Ground driver and therefore you suck. When will you ever learn?! ;)

Years ago I was pulling away from a stop, TYPING THE RECIPIENTS name and drove straight into a parking lot light post. Yep. I understand dumb accidents.:)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Years ago I was pulling away from a stop, TYPING THE RECIPIENTS name and drove straight into a parking lot light post. Yep. I understand dumb accidents.:)

We've all had them. Some of us more than once. Lol.

whenIgetthere

Bet you never typed while driving after that. I did a similar thing, but drove over a curb
while typing on the old Super Tracker. I was lucky I didn't hit anything, or do any damage. After that, have never typed on the ST or the PP unless I'm parked! LOL

bbsam

Staff member
Bet you never typed while driving after that. I did a similar thing, but drove over a curb
while typing on the old Super Tracker. I was lucky I didn't hit anything, or do any damage. After that, have never typed on the ST or the PP unless I'm parked! LOL
Correct. Very expensive, stupid accident.

MassWineGuy

Actually, I work for Express.

dezguy

They're called accidents for a reason. Rarely are they ever intentional. :censored2: happens, learn from it and move on. No sense dwelling on it.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1431905503.747371.jpg

MassWineGuy

Harry, life wouldn't be complete without a MENSA-like post from you.

Yeah, I'm not dwelling on it. I had a really good day of P1 deliveries yesterday, which helps.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Harry, life wouldn't be complete without a MENSA-like post from you.

Yeah, I'm not dwelling on it. I had a really good day of P1 deliveries yesterday, which helps.

My IQ aside, you know you don't belong here, right?

You weren't good enough to be one of "us". You're clearly not good enough to be one of "them".

Reckon, that makes you a poser, no?

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Obviously, no, you aren't.

SmithBarney

That's not a dumb accident, that is a dumb Decision, you actively decided to TYPE while driving.
Accidents happen, poor choices are MADE.