Stupid is as stupid does

Future

Victory Ride
Just wondering about your stories of people you have seen get fired from UPS and hands down where in violation hands down without ? Mine would have to be a 24yr pkg driver( happened at least 10yrs ago) parked truck in a lot....left bulk head door open......sup driving by decides 2 check in "driver" sitting in the back of the truck blazing a big old joint!End of story! Had 4 kids , wife, whole nine yards.....pretty stupid .....

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
i have seen a lot of stupid stuff in the many years i have been here

One guy was caught tossing packages into a dumpster many years ago. Another would bust his arse to get through with the route,then sit out and take a 3 hour lunch. He figured since it planned to a certain time he should stay out that long. this was many years ago as well,before telematics ,GPS etc. he probably would have gotten away with it had he not stopped at the same place every day .

A supe lost his Drivers License due to a DUI but 'forgot' to notify the company. He was running a route one day a few years ago when the driver brought the route back and got stopped at a roadblock. He now drives for FEDEx Ground

I have seen center manager's fired for fudging numbers,usually Payroll.

The usual stupid preload stuff: breaking into packages,slapping different address labels on the package( WAY before PASS/EDD)
The most creative was a female who was caught with items in her Hoo Hah

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
i have seen a lot of stupid stuff in the many years i have been here

One guy was caught tossing packages into a dumpster many years ago. Another would bust his arse to get through with the route,then sit out and take a 3 hour lunch. He figured since it planned to a certain time he should stay out that long. this was many years ago as well,before telematics ,GPS etc. he probably would have gotten away with it had he not stopped at the same place every day .

A supe lost his Drivers License due to a DUI but 'forgot' to notify the company. He was running a route one day a few years ago when the driver brought the route back and got stopped at a roadblock. He now drives for FEDEx Ground

I have seen center manager's fired for fudging numbers,usually Payroll.

The usual stupid preload stuff: breaking into packages,slapping different address labels on the package( WAY before PASS/EDD)
The most creative was a female who was caught with items in her Hoo Hah
What???? Lmao sneaking items out of work down under? How'd she fit an Ipad down there? There is nothing I've ever seen or could think of in a box that would make me want to put it up my box...the unlikely exception being a roll of $100 bills maybe...lol.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I had my center manager get fired for stealing an autographed baseball signed by a MLB team. It was supposed to be an award for a contest for turning in the most sales leads. The Ironic part...His son was a good enough baseball player that he got drafted by the same team that signed the ball. He eventually came up to the big leagues. Dad could have gotten that ball for free. His son has been traded several times and is injured a lot, but he still made 1.25 M in 2014.

browntroll

had one guy former military he tried to sneak out a box of bubble gum attached to his back support belt.
one guy got caught doing lines of coke right under the security cam(parking lot), they waited for him to walk into the hub with it.
another guy changing labels on huge tv's that would be delivered at least twice a week from what i heard to his friends house.
some genius that decided to checkout one of the hot chicks from the centers by bending down to get a better view at her ass
then when she see's him he still keeps looking and says something like "back that thing up".
my favorite is a guy that would steal dresses by wearing them out so he can give them to his girlfriend.
the list goes on i just dont feel like typing that much.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
been here 30 years and there is nothing in any of those boxes that I want / it's just cardboard to me
That was always my way of thinking too,,,its just cardboard !!! When the cardboard peaks your interest, your in trouble !!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My story didn't result in a termination, but 28 years ago a guy I know quit college and decided to wait 8 years for a full time driver opportunity.
What a Bubblehead.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a 20+ year driver fired a few years ago. He was having his annual safety ride...sup is sitting in the jumpseat. Driver gets back in the truck from a stop...sits down. He pulls out his pack of cigarettes from his pocket...and a little baggie of coke falls out of his pocket with it...and lands on the floor of the cab. :oops:

Rumor has it...he first tried to blame his preloader...saying he found it in the back of the PC at start time and didn't want to get him in trouble. But the driver was fired...sent for treatment and eventually got his job back.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Clerk fired in Boston yrs ago for giving his friends delivery notices with package info ,then they showed up and he would walk send agains out to their cars right through the guard shack !!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Clerk fired in Boston yrs ago for giving his friends delivery notices with package info ,then they showed up and he would walk send agains out to their cars right through the guard shack !!
It'd be so easy to get things thru the guard shack....they never thoroughly check our bags. If I was going to steal...LP would catch me long before the inept guards.

S

selfcancelsignal

We've had a couple fired for not even getting out of their PC to attempt apartment buildings. They'd just scan the parcel, scan the info. notice, throw it away, put the parcels on FL1, 2 or whatever, & carry on. 1 lied about doing it, & lost his job, the other 1 got his job back, then put in his 2 weeks within that month.

Sent while chasing down unnecessary Dish Network call tags.

dupa

On-Road Integrated Optimization and Navigation.
one fired for taking medication out of parcels just a little way back. But my favorite is an off street hire in the early 90's. ups had to hire females off street to even out disparity, she was using cash cod's as her personal bank and writing checks to cover. one came back ISF, but they called her first and still didnt take care of it. second call was to UPS.
Had a male driver fired 20 some years ago for parking on a hill side over-looking a medical ctr and slapping his pud. He was caught "red" handed.