Stupid is as stupid does

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Eh..hindsight is 20/20....I've done a couple of things at ups over the years that I was lucky enough not to get caught or I probably would've been fired...nothing theft related though.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Had a supervisor get fired.
He sent a next day air out,with a bogus air bill.

Came back,bad address. he got fired.
How stupid can you be??
Had a FT sup in another center that used to drink on the job....he got so wasted one morning...he passed out on his office floor...someone called 911 and they took him to the hospital. He was fired...did a 30 day program...and came back. He got caught drinking again a few months later and was walked out.

Had a FT sup in another center that used to drink on the job....he got so wasted one morning...he passed out on his office floor...someone called 911 and they took him to the hospital. He was fired...did a 30 day program...and came back. He got caught drinking again a few months later and was walked out.
Sounds like a DM,that I used to have.

MethodsMan

Heard of this time a driver was giving it to this female clerk (doggystyle) in one of the empty offices. Someone walked in and caught them right smack dab in the middle. Ratted them out. Both got their job back. Drivers wife stayed with him. This was years ago when I was part-time and I thought it was super funny.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Heard of this time a driver was giving it to this female clerk (doggystyle) in one of the empty offices. Someone walked in and caught them right smack dab in the middle. Ratted them out. Both got their job back. Drivers wife stayed with him. This was years ago when I was part-time and I thought it was super funny.
I gotta few stories like that....lol. ;)

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
We had a driver get ticked off that he had a heavy dispacth when OSU was playing in the national championship game he drove his package car home to to watch the start of the game. Unfortunately he fell asleep and around 10:00 they found his pc parked in his driveway. They woke him to tell him not to come in the next day. By the way, the Buckeye's lost.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a driver get ticked off that he had a heavy dispacth when OSU was playing in the national championship game he drove his package car home to to watch the start of the game. Unfortunately he fell asleep and around 10:00 they found his pc parked in his driveway. They woke him to tell him not to come in the next day. By the way, the Buckeye's lost.
Was this before the days of telematics?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Okay I'll throw this out there...... because I'm curious to know if anyone else ever heard this story....which actually did happen.

When I first started at ups, my center manager at the time told me this story of a driver years back (so this is more than 10-15 years ago)....in a different building somewhere...who was hired around peak time. His first day on the road...he heads out...and at the end of the day...doesn't return to the building. So his boss tries to track him down and finally calls his house. Turns out the driver drove the PC home...he thought he had ALL WEEK to deliver the packages!

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Happened at a summer internship I had a couple years ago. Didn't rat them out though. Tough to do that when the head of HR is your mother....

Sent using BrownCafe App

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Eh..hindsight is 20/20....I've done a couple of things at ups over the years that I was lucky enough not to get caught or I probably would've been fired...nothing theft related though.
We had an on-car that had at least one DWI on his record, which he properly hid...for a while, until he received another one and he was fired when the DMV records came to light.

hardball88

get'r done
A driver in our barn didn't get fired over this but it was just as effective...

This driver called in sick so he could "visit" his new girlfriend. A woman (with some kids in her car) pulled up beside the coverage driver as he was delivering the cheating driver's bid route and asked where "John" was.
The cover driver said "Oh, he called in sick...he's probably home". The woman said "I dont think so. I just came from there. I'm his wife". End of story (and marriage). You play... You pay.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
A driver in our barn didn't get fired over this but it was just as effective...

This driver called in sick so he could "visit" his new girlfriend. A woman (with some kids in her car) pulled up beside the coverage driver as he was delivering the cheating driver's bid route and asked where "John" was.
The cover driver said "Oh, he called in sick...he's probably home". The woman said "I dont think so. I just came from there. I'm his wife". End of story (and marriage). You play... You pay.
This is why you don't bid your home area.