Stupid policy

Packmule

So, after being humiliated a couple of years ago for hitting a dog, I have notified owners, sheriff's department and management of a small Yorkie that runs out into the streets in front of the truck.
Today, because we made such a fuss, I have a dog and three little kids running around my truck trying to catch the dog.
Yep, UPS and Liberty Mutual have certainly improved that situation.
When is UPS going to learn stupid people don't give a damn about our policy or our insurance company.
All we've done is make a stupid situation dangerous.

Packmule

What's complicated? People used to let the dog run wild and didn't care. Now they rag on the kids, who are maybe 7 or 8, and home alone, to keep the dog restrained.
The don't cause they're kids, but they do run out into the streets to catch the dog.
And the parents are either ignorant or don't care. Till some bubblehead blows by and a kid runs out in front of them, chasing the dog. Then they'll care.
Me,I'd rather take the chance the dog might get hit and oh well.
PS, I'm a dog lover. And this is an upscale neighborhood.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
He is stating that a dog running out into the street chasing our truck gets hit, we get charged with an accident. Same thing happened to me. Nothing I could have done. Still got charged even though even owners said ups truck made dog crazy , and no way was my fault. Didn't matter.
why is that reported as an accident? Were the dog owners blaming you since there might be a leash law. Only reason I said that is I had a Weiner dog that would always run down the hill and run in front of my 700 . I know the woman quite well and told her repeatedly I'm gonna squish him one day and she said I know I won't blame you. I lucked out he got too old and barely comes outside.

why is that reported as an accident? Were the dog owners blaming you since there might be a leash law. Only reason I said that is I had a Weiner dog that would always run down the hill and run in front of my 700 . I know the woman quite well and told her repeatedly I'm gonna squish him one day and she said I know I won't blame you. I lucked out he got too old and barely comes outside.
You can hit an elephant,camel or a rhino....no problem. But somebodys unleashed dog,is an accident. WTF????????

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I guess hitting a dog is an accident but no damage to the truck so wtf. Guess I should have reportedly those squirrels I hit too.

Last edited:

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
He is stating that a dog running out into the street chasing our truck gets hit, we get charged with an accident. Same thing happened to me. Nothing I could have done. Still got charged even though even owners said ups truck made dog crazy , and no way was my fault. Didn't matter.
What a bunch of BS...
You can hit an elephant,camel or a rhino....no problem. But somebodys unleashed dog,is an accident. WTF????????
I struck a deer a few months back doing 70 mph and it blew out the radiator and grill along with a headlight. Never charged, listed it as unavoidable so why is a dog or cat chargeable? No consistency with this company.