Stupid things People say or Do??

DownsizedUPS'er

missing my UPS family
true story... customer called to complain that her 1da pkg came by ground and not by air. after a few questions of, transit and ship dates i asked the customer how she knew it came by ground and not air.......... and she said...............................

i saw the truck in the front yard!!!

Red Dawn

when we got diad III i told all the drivers, one at a time, that there was a code that our mgr could put in our board. so that when u hit signature button it would pop out pen so custermer would see it. :) lol had every one going to sup asking for them to put code in board! lol still makes me laugh...the looks on there faces! :) they should have known better from all the tricks i play!! but a get them every time!! got a million of them!

Red Dawn

My other favorite one was when i had just started..loading feeder trucks in hub. Our area was ALWAYS short handed. belts squeeling boxes everywhere. they would always bring the new hire in training class to help for an hr. i was loading and coworker was scanning w/ big hand held scanner.(big hand held gun w wire) in dropframe truck..ones w flaps..sup came by with 10 new hires. told me to put them were every i need them..one braking jams, one fliping boxes over to be scanned and to push boxes down rollers sent a couple to next truck. the last girl i told her she could help load...Just as he grabed first box coworker behind us said make sure they are all scanned...now he is the one scaning boxes right behind us....she looked at me w box in hand confused. so i tell her yea that there are censors in the walls of truck between ribs of truck(space between load strapes holes) and she needed to put box on wall and rub it in a circle so it would get scaned!!!! i was able to hold a straight face till my budy busty out laughing!!!! lmao

chopstic

Im wearing a brown UPS shirt,
matching brown "daisy duke" shorts,
a brown hat with a big UPS logo on it,
and I'm climbing out of the back of a UPS Package car.

And someone runs up to me saying "hey do you work for UPS?" :slap:
hmmmm... i wonder what gave it away

ups1990

Here's one. You go and knock on apt. A and the guy at apt. C, comes out and say's " are you knocking over here ?"

705red

Browncafe Steward
How many times have you handed the diad to the customer and have them sign it and look at it and say that didn't come out right, or spend extra time trying to correct their signature?

I now tell the customer if they are unhappy with how their signature looks, all they have to do is shake the diad like an etch a sketch. When they start shaking it i say that doesn't really work, just wanted to see if you would try it. You will piss your pants laughing when they do it!

Try it!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Or how many times customers say "wow this one writes better than my regular drivers." I LMAO and tell them that it is the same one your regular driver uses everyday!

mountaingoat

true story... customer called to complain that her 1da pkg came by ground and not by air. after a few questions of, transit and ship dates i asked the customer how she knew it came by ground and not air.......... and she said...............................

i saw the truck in the front yard!!!

Now if we created a parachute-based delivery service, would that be air or ground, because the guy has to land on the ground to deliver, you know?

8up

where is our normal driver?......
1) he/she's really not all that normal
2) couldn't get out of jail today

ups1990

A few years back, made a delivery to a lady who couldn't speak english well. As I, handed the package over she said, "where did you get this"

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Not really said, more of a did. I always extend the stylus, so's they can see it sticking out and make the grab. After grabbing, they proceed to push the top down with their thumb, like it's a pen.

tiegirl

tiegirl
College

That is a good option for a young man as long as he is smart enough to get a military career occupation that would keep him out of a war zone. The military paid for over half of my education and UPS paid for the rest. That is one thing in life I did get lucky about. Cannot say that about a lot of other things though.

"uhhh, what?"

my 18 year old nephew when I asked him what he plans on doing now that he is out of high school.

Hope I "talked" him into going to the service,
but also mentioned UPS.

Seriously.

Hope he opts for the service, learn a work ethic, and have them pay for college.

Da_Schitz

I hate it when they turn the DIAD around as if I handed it to them the wrong way. Then they stare at it for a few seconds because it doesn't look right. Then they either sign upside down or turn it back around.