Stupid things

QKRSTKR

What are some of the stupidest things you've seen in your department? This was mine yesterday pre tripping a dolly. Couldn't believe some feeder driver actually dropped this in the dolly pile. Multi - billion dollar company and we have a flap being held on by a package strap. Wth

Attachments

• 20150710_205738.jpg
    20150710_205738.jpg
    964.1 KB · Views: 432

trickpony1

Every piece of equipment we use must be pre tripped. Tractor, trailers and dolly

Unlike pkg cars where, if the engine starts, it's good to go, the feeder pretrip is taken much more seriously due to the size, length and weight of the equipment..........

......and the damage it can cause if something goes wrong.

DOK

Unlike pkg cars where, if the engine starts, it's good to go, the feeder pretrip is taken much more seriously due to the size, length and weight of the equipment..........

Make no mistake though, if something goes wrong while your driving your pkg car that should've been caught during pretrip you will be accountable.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Nothing like putting a set together and then failing your pre-departure validation because the dolly is red tagged in the system.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Is your pkg car somewhere between 35 and 110 feet long and wiggle in 1-5 places?
Before I got my new truck the last part was about right :)

Unlike pkg cars where, if the engine starts, it's good to go
With every on-car I've ever had ride with me to teach me a route including my current bid route, they've seemed annoyed when I stopped in the yard to do a pre-trip. None had the balls to say anything though.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Before I got my new truck the last part was about right :)

With every on-car I've ever had ride with me to teach me a route including my current bid route, they've seemed annoyed when I stopped in the yard to do a pre-trip. None had the balls to say anything though.
Years ago I got a production ride and I thought it was gonna come to blows before we even left the yard all because I insisted on doing the full pre trip the way it was written in the 340 methods. It went down hill from there.

rod

Retired 22 years
We had a driver who opened his lunch box one day discover his wife had packed him a beer. Apparently he had came home drunk the night before and she didn't like it. Silly woman.

rod

Retired 22 years
Shhhh, go back to your room now or we are taking you back to the home.

I'm heading to the VA this afternoon to see if I can squeeze some more money out of them. With my pension going bust in a few years I have to make up the difference some where. Them old war wounds keep resurfacing you know.

Indecisi0n

I'm heading to the VA this afternoon to see if I can squeeze some more money out of them. With my pension going bust in a few years I have to make up the difference some where. Them old war wounds keep resurfacing you know.
Do you have an expired , pocket lent lined piece of candy for me?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

No runner-gunner's in Feeders?