Stupid things

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by QKRSTKR, Jul 11, 2015.

1. QKRSTKR

QKRSTKR Active Member

What are some of the stupidest things you've seen in your department? This was mine yesterday pre tripping a dolly. Couldn't believe some feeder driver actually dropped this in the dolly pile. Multi - billion dollar company and we have a flap being held on by a package strap. Wth

Attached Files:

2. The Driver

The Driver Active Member

Pre-tripping a dolly?

3. QKRSTKR

QKRSTKR Active Member

Every piece of equipment we use must be pre tripped. Tractor, trailers and dolly

4. brown67

brown67 Active Member

Tires look good

5. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Unlike pkg cars where, if the engine starts, it's good to go, the feeder pretrip is taken much more seriously due to the size, length and weight of the equipment..........

......and the damage it can cause if something goes wrong.

6. DOK

DOK Active Member

Make no mistake though, if something goes wrong while your driving your pkg car that should've been caught during pretrip you will be accountable.

7. trickpony1

trickpony1 Well-Known Member

Is your pkg car somewhere between 35 and 110 feet long and wiggle in 1-5 places?

8. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Nothing like putting a set together and then failing your pre-departure validation because the dolly is red tagged in the system.

9. TooTechie

TooTechie Geek in Brown

Before I got my new truck the last part was about right :)

With every on-car I've ever had ride with me to teach me a route including my current bid route, they've seemed annoyed when I stopped in the yard to do a pre-trip. None had the balls to say anything though.

10. Jones

Jones fILE A GRIEVE! Staff Member

Years ago I got a production ride and I thought it was gonna come to blows before we even left the yard all because I insisted on doing the full pre trip the way it was written in the 340 methods. It went down hill from there.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List