Stupidest Accident you have seen in your building?

Re-Raise

Had a pcm last week on an accident in Denver. UPS Trucks all leaving together. Truck one rear door is open. Box falls out of truck 1 and truck 2 slams on brakes. Truck 3 rear ends truck 2 so badley it has to be towed back to center.

Was the box okay?

Re-Raise

We had an older man call in a complaint to our center becasuse he said the driver left the package by his side door and when he left the house he tripped over it, and he said he didn't even order it.

We had a pcm about it the next morning and were told that we had to leave packages where people couldn't trip over them....??

That afternoon the man came to the center to bring in the package to be refused. He went to the customer counter door which was locked.

He then went around to the side door where the employees enter and tripped over an orange cone which marked the break area falling to the ground and hurting his wrist and knee.

I am serious you can't make this stuff up.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Dude my on road ran a human being offfffff the road on a motorcycle. This is both sad an hilarious. Oh I forgot too add another sup was rear ended in his personal car running misloads. He wasn't at fault.

Dude, YoU GOTTA tell me who it was, P.M. it to me. I think I have an idea who but want to make sure this one gets "accidently" leaked at my center. LoL. The one I'm thinking of was my onroad at your hub last Summer. He smashed through big tree limbs full speed like nobodies business telling me to keep door closed so they don't hit me. Lol, crazy guy.

Shryp

Never seen an accident in our centre but our new manager pcm`d this morning that all drivers are to have hazard lights (four way flashers) on when vehicle is in motion in the centre.

Do you have to pass a stupid test to be a centre manager?

I work night sort so I am not around when the drivers are in the building, but shifters and car wash guys moving trucks around our place almost always have the flashers on when moving trucks in our building too.

over9five

Staff member
I work night sort so I am not around when the drivers are in the building, but shifters and car wash guys moving trucks around our place almost always have the flashers on when moving trucks in our building too.

And here, all shifters and Feeder drivers must have their 4 ways on.

code5

I saw a driver once lose his balance in the back of the car as he was loading, he tried to stop but ran his head straight into the windshield and smashed it. Cut his head wide open.

Funny how sad it is that everyone was laughing histerically. Even he found the humour in it after he regained his composure!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
One time I was delivering a 6' long steel bar and in the process of trying to get it out the front door (car was blown out and I couldnt get thru to the back)I stumbled and ran that steel bar right through the middle of the passenger-side windshield.

The hole itself wasnt all that big but the entire windshield was cracked and crunched and it was impossible to see through. And I was right in the middle of a pickup route with only 30 minutes to go before the shuttle driver had to leave for the airport with our Next Day Air pkgs.

I couldnt safely drive with the windshield in that condition...so I borrowed a hammer from the customer and proceeded to smash the remains of the windshield out of the frame. It felt kind of weird, but it made sense; the glass itself was obviously beyond repair so I was merely doing the same thing that the mechanic would have to do in order to install a replacement.

I swept the little cubes of broken glass out of the cab, completed my pickups, met the airport shuttle driver on time, went back to the customers parking lot to
clean up the glass that I had left there, and then finished up my deliveries and drove back to the building with the passenger-side windshield missing. There were a few raised eyebrows and questions, but I never got in any trouble at all and my center manager was actually impressed with my ingenuity at avoiding a road call and making service on my pickups.

Bristol Brown

Then by that logic they should be used all the time when vehicle is on road as apparantly people cannot see a UPS truck unless the four way flashers are on.

gumbybros

How about stupidest response to an accident? One of our drivers was properly parked in a parking lot while making a pickup when a young girl hydroplaned and went through a yard, then across the parking lot and hit his package car. The next morning our center manager posted pictures of the accident and asked us what OUR DRIVER could have done different to avoid this happening!

brown67

How about stupidest response to an accident? One of our drivers was properly parked in a parking lot while making a pickup when a young girl hydroplaned and went through a yard, then across the parking lot and hit his package car. The next morning our center manager posted pictures of the accident and asked us what OUR DRIVER could have done different to avoid this happening!

Call in.

code5

haha, good story! That sounds like old school UPS though. You used common scence and good judgement. Nowadays you would be worse off trying to actually make the best of your situation.

Just_another_day_at_work

In our building you have a gate before you enter the hub so you have to STOP before the gate opens, 10 feet away inside a trailer parked but someone still managed to hit the trailer in the front. Other one is a sup hit the only car parked in the parking lot.

Never seen an accident in our centre but our new manager pcm`d this morning that all drivers are to have hazard lights (four way flashers) on when vehicle is in motion in the centre.

Do you have to pass a stupid test to be a centre manager?
That's always been the policy where I'm at, flashers on when you are on property.

SlowRide80k

My other one is Red Tag'd
We've had a feeder driver back a trailer onto the hood of the mechanics BMW.

We also had a guy back down a driveway Hit a customers boat (put a hole in the hull) the impact caused the boat to tip over and it landed on and smashed the brand new truck the guy bought to tow the boat.